Does anyone, who owns the Voyager, hate it?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
P0LYM00G

Post by P0LYM00G » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:48 pm

I noticed the title said dual filter test. So I'm thinking it might just be a preliminary test video of that one thing and hopefully he'll show all the sections of the synth. At least I hope we finally won't hear anymore about 3D rendering or photoshopping.

And I think he can turn the synth with ease because there are wheels on the table. And I don't see a problem with slow knob turning. The joystick isn't being moved slowly. As usual, it's the same narrow and selected criticisms that are easily explained away.

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:17 pm

Right, man. I have no motivation to be skeptical of this or any synth release, but this one has raised some red flags that can't be ingnored. I also have no interest in convincing you of anything, you have every right to formulate your own opinions.

I hope it is real too because it looks pretty sweet. But whoever is releasing these images has done so in a very suspicious way that makes me say "I'll believe it when I can buy it".

Now, if you have something Moog related to discuss on this Moog forum, I'm all ears. But enough with the SMS already.

Hal_McGee

Post by Hal_McGee » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:03 am

I own a Voyager Rack Mount Edition, and I don't hate it, but I am a little disappointed with it. It's a sophisticated instrument with seemingly limitless possibilities. But it seems to lack balls, grit, gnarl, oomph, and POWER. My ex-partner recently sent to me my old Moog Rogue which I used extensively on dozens of recordings in the 1980s. It is in nearly perfect condition, looks almost new. And when I turned it on I was amazed that it sounded so great. It sounded as rich and deep and powerful as it did 20 years ago, with that indefinable raw wild edge to the sound. This is the sound that I have been looking for with the Voyager and have never found it. The Rogue is routinely dismissed and denigrated for its "limited feature set" on various synth forums. But no synth that I have owned or played sounds as good.
http://www.halmcgee.com
Voyager RME, Rogue, Etherwave Theremin, Octave Cat, Little Boy Blue synth, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-104Z Delay, MF-107 FreqBox

martin

Post by martin » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:27 am

Hello Hal_McGee,

i kind of feel the same, having owned a rogue before selling it to buy a voyager.

i loved the rogue to bits and absolutely adored the simplicity and unique sound it had.

the voyager sounds exceedingly good in all registers. its sound is full of sweetness and richness.

i did manage to roguify my voyager to a degree, which shows how flexible it is.

if only it had real analog control. this is something that puts me off actually wanting to marry it. right now we're on ljbf terms.

:wink:

jon_kull

Re: Does anyone, who owns the Voyager, hate it?

Post by jon_kull » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:42 pm

JSRockit wrote:Wrong place to ask, I know... However, I was wondering if anyone here regrets their purchase?
Yeah, I regret that it makes me want to buy a second one. ;)