Request for Moog editing software for PC and Mac....

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Moog Beam

Request for Moog editing software for PC and Mac....

Post by Moog Beam » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:54 am

Hello,
I have a request for Moog, and maybe some of you do also:
I would like a small aplication for sysex transmission and reception like "Sysex" for the macintosh(which i use) and PC platforms.
I would like the application to be able to "NAME" the patches of the MiniMoog Voyager so I do not have to scroll through the little menu to find the letters.

Any other feature would be a plus.

Maybe some of you agree???
Moog Beam

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:00 am

Some type of Librarian Software that allows you to name, arrange, and store patches would be kinda nice. SoundDiver maybe??

Cruel Hoax

Post by Cruel Hoax » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:16 pm

That'd be fairly nice. Seeing as how the V-ger is so hands-on, there're only a few places where a PC-based editor would be nice. Patch-naming is one area, as is (are?) modulation routings.

Except for those things, I think that my Voyager is superior to all my other synths in the ability to get 85% of the way to my target sound within 20 seconds. Excellent.

Still, having the speed of selection of characters (when saving) based upon speed of movement upon the touchpad would be a major and momentous i provement.

-Hoax

monads

Post by monads » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:11 pm

You need this then:

http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

I hope they plan support for SoundDiver. SoundDiver is just the best app for managing all your patches and libraries.

rev32

Post by rev32 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:28 pm

Sounddiver support would be amazing for patch organization and being able to load presets in any order, design your own bank and load it in. If I'm not mistaken we should be bothering Michael Hayden at Emagic, He's primarily responsible for adding adaptations for sounddiver.

Moog Beam

Post by Moog Beam » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:23 am

Hello,
Thank you "Monads", I am using the OS X "sysex" librarian now...i was hoping for one. But it still would be nice to rearrange patches and rename them fast in an editing software.
Bragging...um..."Gear" List:
Satellite(ehem), Memorymoog+, Minimoog Voyager. Juno 106x2, JD800, SH101, Prophecy, Poly800, Trinity Plus, K5000s, MP9500, K5, ESQ1x2, Chroma, Prophet5 3.3, Nord Lead, DX7, PT1, MT65...I can't remember the rest

monads

Post by monads » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:19 am

No problem. I know what you mean about renaming patches. Sounddiver makes this easy and fast so you don't have to scroll through the letters to rename on a synth. Just type it in! You can also rearrange banks. We need Sounddiver support.

StefanH

Post by StefanH » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:20 am

I am owning Sounddiver! But hte PC - Version! I decieded for myself to stay at the PC-Platform at not buying a MAC only for EMAGIC! So if there will be a Voyager Modul for Sounddiver into the future, it will be only for MAC-People.
Anyway, i didn't made a lot of use of SD in the past. It is a fine tool for Synth's and other stuff which doesn't got such great interface like the Voyager, but in this case SD is a bit to much (also if you haveto buy it) only for patchstoring, renaming, etc....
I have great little tools (free) for the Clavia-Synth'S, Q, MS2000 which just do what we need. Sad that noone of this programmers owning a voyager, otherwize we would allready got one!
Stefan