Hoping to learn how many 50th anniversary Voyagers were made (specifically maple)

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Charlie Labs

Hoping to learn how many 50th anniversary Voyagers were made (specifically maple)

Post by Charlie Labs » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:09 pm

I recently picked up a 50th anniversary Voyager in maple (blue lit wheels)and I’m wondering if any of the folks here might know or would care to guess at how many of this build were made. I can’t find any info online. I called Moog and the gentleman I spoke to guessed there were about 150 50th anniversary synths made in total, most of which were electric blue with the backlight. Mine has no backlight. I believe they made some using several different woods.

A quick story. This is my second Voyager (and I am grateful) I bought my first one back in the 2000’s which I still use all the time. Fast forward to now and the one I just picked up is only 3 serial numbers away. That kind of blew my mind when I found out the sn. 16/17 years later and only 3 numbers different. The 2 feel even more special to me now, like they’re brothers.

I have to say, there’s just something special about the Voyager, Still after all this time it still amazes me, and with 2 I keep thinking over and over again, I should have done this a long time ago.

Anyway, thanks for reading and thanks for the help!
Charlie

Rob Smith

Re: Hoping to learn how many 50th anniversary Voyagers were made (specifically maple)

Post by Rob Smith » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:28 pm

What's up Charlie............ Cornering the voyager market I see ........Nice :D