Minimoog Voyager Mixer Out/In

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
stiiiiiiive

Re: Minimoog Voyager Mixer Out/In

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:09 pm

It sure does :)
However, this is a send setting just for the ext input. To set the send level of the whole signal, you would ave to set the levels of each mixer channel, i.e. Osc 1-3 and Noise.

My point was that it's more convenient to have the mixer levels set up for a classic use, and then, when adding a pedal, having an input level setting on it allows to leave he Voyager mixer settings as they are.

Hope that makes sense too :)

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:40 pm

ah, that is interesting.

So if I use the mixer out into an overdrive with a Y cable, but also split that overdrive output & feed it into the Ext in, it will control it's own little feedback loop. As it sets the level in the mixer, which also is fed back into itself via Ext in

also thx for the tip on impedence matching with pedals: I hadn't thought of that, figured a volume level input would suffice

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:47 am

stiiiiiiive wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:09 pm

Hope that makes sense too :)
Yup - but with semi-modular you get what you get. I kind of like the limitations that force you to think of work-arounds. And if there are none I use something else.

And yes, you can play with all kinds of feedback configurations. Just keep your monitor levels in check while experimenting.