New features requests

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
DanielHuw

Post by DanielHuw » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:29 am

I'd like to see the LFO MIDI clock divider values as note values, as the pitch bend wheel is. I think this is such a great feature of the Voyager and it would make it more musically useful.

moogman5

Minimoog Improvements

Post by moogman5 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:37 pm

I think the Osc. Octave Up/Down buttons would be a great idea, but I really wish there was more patch memory (alot more than 128). I'm not sure if this is totally a hardware issue or if a new O.S. can improve on the Voyager's patch memory size.

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:03 pm

Along the same desires for "real"aftertouch -not just on/off, I would like to see "real" velocity sensing. This would make the Voyager unbelievably expressive.

suthnear

Post by suthnear » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:41 am

Given that there are all those provocative stars in the Voyager's menus, it would seem that Dr B and the crew have quite a bit planned for their baby. My suggestions then:

- I don't know if this would be possible but I would like to be able to let velocity (and perhaps pressure and the mod wheel as well) control cutoff/res/volume/ lfo rate via a simple modulation matrix: just source, destination and amount. The mod busses seem a waste for simple modulation. I can do it now via the vx, but it would be great to be able to do it via the edit menu instead.
- MIDI CC out: I'd love to use the touchpad as an XYA controller for some of my midi gear.
- A better patch naming system.
- I agree with the comments about aftertouch sensitivity and a 3->1 FM attenuator.

Although I love the voyager as it is, these would really add to its usefulness.

MC

Post by MC » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:16 pm

I would like to be able to let velocity (and perhaps pressure and the mod wheel as well) control cutoff/res/volume/ lfo rate via a simple modulation matrix: just source, destination and amount. The mod busses seem a waste for simple modulation. I can do it now via the vx, but it would be great to be able to do it via the edit menu instead.
That can be done under the PGM setting on the DESTINATION switch and you can configure it with the edit menu.
MIDI CC out: I'd love to use the touchpad as an XYA controller for some of my midi gear.
Touchpad MIDI CC out is currently available in OS v1.5.
A better patch naming system.
Agreed. A double press of the up/down buttons that jumps between chars/numeric/lowercase/uppercase would help a LOT. IE double press skips to "!", then "0" (zero), then "a" then "A"
I agree with the comments about aftertouch sensitivity and a 3->1 FM attenuator.
The aftertouch really really needs to be addressed. Its response is too discrete, like an on/off switch. It doesn't work for continuous control of modulation. If it could respond like an ARP ProSoloist, I would be a very happy man.

suthnear

Post by suthnear » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:01 am

MC -
Touchpad MIDI CC out is currently available in OS v1.5.

The touchpad most definitely does not send MIDI CCs. From the 1.5 Addendum (p7):

"MIDI Ctrl No. (Note: as MIDI CC outs are not yet implemented, this function
does not work yet.)"

Anyway, I want all knobs to send controllers.

Also, my other request was for a simple way of assigning velocity/aftertouch/etc - i.e. basic modulation that doesn't use up a mod buss (which can then be saved for more complicated modulation). Actually, an edit menu based mod matrix like in the waldorf synths would be very nice.

IGGY

Post by IGGY » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:26 am

how about midi clock or tempo controlling osc pitches, or better yet. each osc (+resonance)has its own midi channel.

liberatemymoog

OSC Frequency Synch

Post by liberatemymoog » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:36 am

I would love to be able to synth the OSC frequencies to Midi. For instance, on the preset Panning Throbber (#33 I believe), the third OSC controls the speed of the voice. It is nearly impossible to get this voice exactly synched to a sequencer based song.

IGGY

Post by IGGY » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:15 pm

a librarian sysex would be nice

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:43 pm

I would love the TouchPad to have the option of wherever you initially touch it is "zero" and you change sounds from there. Currently when you first touch it it jumps to the x and y value based on position (which is great for percussive effects and "playing" the touchpad), but a "zero reference" option would be great, kinda like the way the old CS-80 ribbon worked.

And a CP-251 type expander with more modules such as envelope generators would be nice!

synthwalker

3 modes for knobs

Post by synthwalker » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:48 pm

Absolute / Relative / Pass Thru modes for all panel knobs => better live performance when twicking.

puppets

Too sensitive velocity and aftertouch

Post by puppets » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:29 pm

I don't know if this allready is a topic here, but will there be
an update for the too sensitive aftertouch and velocity on the voyager?
as it is now you can barely notice it.
'I tweak til it hertz...'
Jonas

MoogieMark

Post by MoogieMark » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:47 pm

An Arpeggiator, either in software or as a MoogerFooger. :?
MoogieMark

Cruel Hoax

Post by Cruel Hoax » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:58 am

I'd really like to see the filter frequency glide along with the osc. frequency, for when you've got portamento engaged on your patch. It's especially noticeable when you're working with, say, a choir patch (filters just-about self-oscillating, jump abruptly when the "singers" slide between notes), dub bass (filter freq accenting the fundamental, won't slide along with sim-fretless bass slides).

This'd help us all program more natural and musical sounds. Thanks!

-Hoax

Cruel Hoax

Post by Cruel Hoax » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:11 am

Oh yes, and I'd love Pitch- and Mod-Wheel transmission via MIDI. Please, oh please let me retire my evil, mod-wheel-stepping M-Audio Radium as master controller.

Let me record (MIDI-wise) my Voyager performances.

Thanks-

-Hoax