Model D firmware Issue Need

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
shivam2991

Model D firmware Issue Need

Post by shivam2991 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:55 pm

I got the old instrument last week, I of course checked to see if there were any firmware updates. It is Running 1.8 Firmware and followed the instructions to install latest update on it. Hasn't worked yet after multiple tries. As this is the first time I've ever had to use sys-ex, I'm still unsure if I'm doing something wrong. Used the program suggested, selected the proper midi port, did the erase function first--with no "confirmation tone", sent the firmware over--again with no confirmation tone.

In fact, there's no failure tone either, which apparently is a thing. I slowed the data transfer rate, per instructions. I made sure the filter was open, attack on 0. Anyone else have this issue?

I wonder if I even need to do the update, as it is a march or april 2017 made instrument. ALso, I have had no issues using midi with the Model D in other applications, so my MIDI isn't the issue. Thoughts?

Analog Prophet

Re: Model D firmware Issue Need

Post by Analog Prophet » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:36 am

As far as I l’m aware 1.8 is the latest firmware. In thar case no firmware update is needed.

till

Re: Model D firmware Issue Need

Post by till » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:31 pm

shivam2991 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:55 pm...
It is Running 1.8 Firmware and followed the instructions to install latest update on it. ...
Firmware 1.8 is the newest available. Are you sure you tried a Minimoog Reissue firmware? If it got a version number higher than 1.8, it is for sure not an official Minimoog Reissue firmware.

And the version 1.8 was released in December 2016 or before. So am April 2017 unit was most likely shipped with this version anyway.

About MIDI Sysex: some DAWs are known not sending this by default or are unable to do so. it is very recommended to use a specialized software for it (masOS: SysEx Librarian). Use no USB hub to connect your MIDI interface to your computer. Some of these cause trouble. And be sure not to create a MIDI loop, so only use a single MIDI cable from your MIDI interface to the synth. MIDI In. And not one from the synth MIDI Out to the interface at the same time.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16