Just bought a used electric blue, having problems with the OS.

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
nozh

Just bought a used electric blue, having problems with the OS.

Post by nozh » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:40 am

Hey there, I've been searching around trying to find an answer to this problem. I've seen some similar topics, but can't find a solution.

I recently bought a used Electric Blue Voyager. When I power on I can see that the OS is version 3.5 and then I get a message that says "The Operating System has to be re-loaded! Re-load Bank D?"

If I press "no" it takes me into the synth and everything seems normal, but when I go to the menu I only have a few options. I am missing any sort of a factory reset option that I have seen posted about.

I've downloaded the 3.5 firmware from the Moog site. I am a mac user, and I have SysEx Librarian.

When I try to load bank D on startup when prompted I get a message that says "Wrong bank was received!!!"

I thought maybe I needed to try different firmware, so I tried 3.6 and I got the same result.

So next I tried to just update using the "Receive Update" option. I am prompted to load Bank A, but whenever I send Bank A nothing happens. I tried this using both the 3.5 and the 3.6 firmware.

At this point I decided I wanted to do a complete factory reset, however when I look for the option for one it is nowhere to be found. What I did stumble upon was a menu labeled *** Reserved *** that when I go to it shows me a screen that says "Feb, 2nd 2010 Software by Rudi Linhard www.lintronics.de".

I saw another post about a different software version by Rudi Linhard with a dead link, so I went to lintronics.de to see if maybe there's a version of the OS there that I need to load, but I had no luck finding that software there.

So here I am. Hoping someone can help me sort this out.

Markyboard

Re: Just bought a used electric blue, having problems with the OS.

Post by Markyboard » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:47 am

Hi-

This is probably the best thread in which another user had your exact issue. It's not clear whether you can resolve this yourself but hopefully Rudi (software designer) will chime in shortly. It could be midi interface related

viewtopic.php?p=156618#p156618

Page 2 discusses the order of loading the OS. Basically load B first followed by A, C and D.
or just follow the prompts after loading B (it really doesn't matter).

3.6 is the most recent version and can be found on page 5 . Make sure you select the regular Voyager.

Switchmonkey

Post by Switchmonkey » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:34 pm

When you download the Firmware 3.5 from the moogmusic site, there will be a ‘readme’ file with the a,b,c,and d bank files. Follow to a T. Start with B, then D to complete the boot. Then A, and it will want D again to complete the boil. Then C, and it will want D again afterwards. Then you’re done.

RL

Post by RL » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:48 am

Take a look here in the middle of the page:

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22525
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2