Minimoog Key Issue

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
teotl_kauitl

Minimoog Key Issue

Post by teotl_kauitl » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi guys

I just bought a Minimoog Model D Reissue, everything but one thing seems fine with it. When I press one (just one) black key it doesn't respond, so the synth doesn't emit any sound. When I use an external midi keyboard the corresponding note sounds fine, so I think it has to do with the Minimoog's keyboard. I've got the synth as b-stock condition for about $2,250 USD shipped, I thought it was a good deal (it looks new), but the seller didn't know the issue either, so he offered me to send it back, do you think its still worth the price, to keep it and find a solution? does anyone have similar problems with the keyboard problem?

Since I'm not in the USA I think is quite difficult to bring it to Moog, do you think there's anything I can do to solve the issue?

Minimooger

Re: Minimoog Key Issue

Post by Minimooger » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:58 am

it seems that the keyboard contact is broken or dirty . where are you located ? I am sure there is some tech who can help you since this might not be a big deal .

till

Post by till » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Repairing a Fatar keybed is not that easy. And as you easily do harm to the aftertouch ribbon connector cable (it is more like a flat thin plastic with metallic zick-zack printed on it).
These Fatar keybed don't use contacts like the old vintage ones. you need to deassemble the key to reach it. And you need a spare rubber contact.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:54 am

Maybe there is a way to take the whole keybed out and send it on its own to a service center. Where are you located?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra