Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
SirZebrathe9th

Post by SirZebrathe9th » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:41 pm

nevermind i found it. its mentions 2.0 of the OS, but its not out yet
This makes me say
hmmmmmmmmm.....

monads

Post by monads » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:47 pm

Yea I know, I mean nothing against existing Voyager owners. It's cool they have the option. But to new prospect buyers purshasing specially for the Anniversary and the so called "collectors" factor doesn't make sense. Kinda shines me off and not really care anymore if you know what I mean.

SirZebrathe9th

Post by SirZebrathe9th » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:14 pm

i do know what you mean and i agree its like its not that special anymore. it is good to know if i wanted it i could retrofit my voyager , but then id end up with a single ugly black panel on one side, and dont know if i want to mess with all that, and i definitely dont want the whole thing painted black to match.

HishamSamawi

Post by HishamSamawi » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:22 pm

Does anyone have any information on the backlit panel update for normal voyager models?

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:26 am

hey is anyone else anoyed that you can't see a large pic of the aniversary edition on the moog site

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM04 ... ger-lg.jpg

i have my suspicions that this one is fakehttp://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM04 ... -fr-lg.jpgbut it's still cool seeing a large pic that you can clearly see all the controls

monads

Post by monads » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:47 am

Totally agree. The previous largest one I found was at

http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/pro ... ct_ID=4754

You'll have to click the image to enlarge.

The Unknown

Post by The Unknown » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:13 pm

With regard to the black cabinet, I don't have any problem with it and will happily buy this model. However, I would love to see a version of the synth with a red wood case, and orange backlit display and wheels - I reckon that would really reflect the warmth of the instrument, or am I just being poetic(!)?

StefanH

Post by StefanH » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:59 am

The whole front pannel would be even more cool, if the knobs would have a position light! O.k. , i never saw this one live, so mybe there is allready enough light, so you can see in which position any knob sits, and my idea is also not so easy to produce, but...
Stefan

monads

Post by monads » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:34 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to see (althought it would add to the cost significantly) is a small LCD dispay above or below the knobs that display current value setting. The OS could display a stored value with the patch to the left and a current position to the right (within the LCD of course). I know this is possible, but we're talking alot of little LCDs here, one for each knob. I wonder if people would even go for this. I just think it makes it easier for editing and precise adjustment of data. Maybe it's more convenience if anything else. :)

james

The Presets

Post by james » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:12 pm

I would really like to get the new bank of Presets. Are these avaliable to the average performer owner?

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:37 am

monads wrote:I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to see (althought it would add to the cost significantly) is a small LCD dispay above or below the knobs that display current value setting. The OS could display a stored value with the patch to the left and a current position to the right (within the LCD of course). I know this is possible, but we're talking alot of little LCDs here, one for each knob. I wonder if people would even go for this. I just think it makes it easier for editing and precise adjustment of data. Maybe it's more convenience if anything else. :)
I think it would look a mess, you can do this already through the LCD screen! ;)

monads

Post by monads » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:10 pm

Boeing 737-400 wrote:I think it would look a mess, you can do this already through the LCD screen! ;)
Very true. But you would need a large LCD to constantly keep the values of each knob displayed. This is what I was aiming for. But when you think about it, it probably would just add more unnecessary clutter.