cool as ice 50th aniversary minimoog voyager edition

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
SirZebrathe9th

cool as ice 50th aniversary minimoog voyager edition

Post by SirZebrathe9th » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:22 am

....i had to put a vanilla ice reference in there....
has anyone peeped this? the blue backlit control panel letters look really really really cool. its all evil looking. its just way too expensive (almost as much as the signatures were and im not to hot on the paint job, though it does add to the evilness. itd be cool to add it to a non anniversary voyager as like a retrofit, but that probably wont happen any time soon, but theoretically its possible alls youd have to do is swap the hinged panels, reconnect some wires, and whatnot. you probably wouldnt even really need the cool little gooseneck lamp anymore. does anyone feel shafted at not having this cool upgrade on their MMV? i kinda do, but i dont regret nothing. im happy with my blue led wheelie dealies. and anyways its not about whats on the the outside but the inside cuz its exactly the same guts on all voyagers. i was just wondering what other people's opinions were on the subject. if they thougth it was cool or not..

http://moogmusic.com/detail.php?product ... id=31#page

check the link
to check it out in the dark

it looks soooo cool. i want one. right now

zebra[/u]

StefanH

Post by StefanH » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:00 am

I wonder if it would be possible to get this blue lit frontplate seperatly as an upgrade to my signature edt.? This would be nice. I still like mine as it is, but i would think about it, if it would be a feature (depence on the price!).
One thing disturbs me: they should also changed the green lcd-display to blue or red!!!
Stefan

SirZebrathe9th

Post by SirZebrathe9th » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:52 am

that's be tight!!!
then it would match the whole scheme of things i agree.
while we're changing colors, itd be cool if you could get the panel lights in different colors, red, orange, yellow, white. oh my!

zebra

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:43 pm

I say they should do the Voyager with different backlit lighting options, like green for example. Green pitch and modulation wheels, imagine that!

I may get the 50th anniversary edition, amd may not. It all depemds on how much money I have at the time.

TonyR

Post by TonyR » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:40 pm

ahahahah that looks awesome, so u think they used ebony (hense the $$ )or just painted the panels that had too many imperfections from the signature rollout black :D

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:49 am

I don't agree...

I think it looks cheap and less dignified then the othe models of Voyagers.

But I guess if you are really into TRON you'll like it. Also electroclash people and other 80's revivalist, collectors who will make a MINT in 3-5 years selling it on ebay.

SirZebrathe9th

Post by SirZebrathe9th » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:24 am

the only thing that looks cheap about it is the paint job and the little anniversary badge stuck on the side. its the lights that look expensive!
they also look cool IMO, cool and ultimately, they are a taste thing yes, like huge air foil wings on tiny japanese automobiles(we call them rice rockets in california). I hope yall know what im talking about. they have super loud mufflers and maybe some louder than neccessary speakers and whatnot. well the point is that these cars will never go fast enough to ever need such a wing... they are essentially pointless its all just gingerbread, it doesnt add anyhing to the performance. while i do think the back lit panel actually serves a purpose, like seeing what youre doing in the dark... of course its just an expensive goose neck. and you could always turn the lights on! ... whether the light up panel is gingerbread or not i dont know, i supposed it depends on how you look at it., whether you think you'll actually benefit from having it, or you just think it looks cool and want to drop the dough on it. or maybe you're an opportunist and want to buy it to re-sell at an inflated price it when there are no more.

zebra

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:41 am

Yes. I think they could have included some hardware updates on it. As for it lighting up my room, the LCD and pitch wheels do that on their own. :D

Arpmoogscience

Post by Arpmoogscience » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:20 pm

My tip would be to wait untill guitar center has it for a few and then when they have there sale you can hook up the deal.
I got a sig cherry for 2000.00 this way and it was not a floor model.

space_is_the_place

Post by space_is_the_place » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:36 pm

Arpmoogscience wrote: I got a sig cherry for 2000.00 this way and it was not a floor model.
Dats a real bargain........... I've paid a lot more for my performance...
anyway, i dont like the anniversary edition, it is all black...

soldadura

Post by soldadura » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:13 pm

I heard GC won't be carrying Moog anymore.
So you have to find other dealers.
The price is expensive but the Voyager is really worth it. Those circuits really sound good and unique! And it's not another "made in China" piece of gear...

my 2 cents

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:01 pm

I don't mind the black colour of the wood. It looks like it will get scratched easily though.

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:54 am

Someone on the yahoo voyager list said the Anniversary Voyager engine is based on the Alesis Ion. Does this mean that the synth is VA?

StefanH

Post by StefanH » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:02 am

Bull...,
look and read what's here is writen. This yoyager is the same as all others. Except the case and the soundset. Hopefully the new soundset will also posted for all other voyager owners. Maybe together with the new OS.
All i ment in my previous mail was, that i would think about, if there is the option to get the new blue-light-frontplate to build in "older" voyagers, to get it. Still like my handmade walnut case, but, if i like to spent a night with my voyager inside my bed (like boing), it is surpose to give me more erotic feelings.

space_is_the_place

Post by space_is_the_place » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:09 am

I think it is just a voyager (good old analog) with new exterior and more presets, but do u think it gets better warranty deal like the sig, too?...
anyway, what is the name of the voyager yahoo list?
i did a search and all i cud find is the lord of the mini.
thanks