Controlling a Model D Reissue w Sub 37?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
mpaulcurreri

Controlling a Model D Reissue w Sub 37?

Post by mpaulcurreri » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi guys -
I was wondering if anyone has any advice for using the Sub 37's arp / sequencer to control a Model D. I was hoping that simply connecting MIDI from the sub --> Model D would do it, but alas. The Sub 37 keyboard now controls the Model D, but the arp / sequencer has no effect.

Any advice?
Thanks!
Paul

stiiiiiiive

Re: Controlling a Model D Reissue w Sub 37?

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi Paul, welcome to the ofrum :)

I have no Sub here but a Little Phatty. ON the LP, there is a parameter that allow to choose whether the arpeggiated notes are transmitted via MIDI rather than the notes played on the keyboards.
You may want to check that in your manual.

mpaulcurreri

Post by mpaulcurreri » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Hey Stiiiii(iii)ve! That did it! I had run out of options flipping through all the MIDI menus. But indeed, under the GLOBAL menu, there was an option that did as you described. I love the sub37, but it's menu stuffs certainly leave a bit to be desired sometimes. Thanks again!

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:31 pm

Go to Global -> 2.2 SEQ OPTIONS -> MIDI OUTPUT and make sure SEQ is selected

it works fine, takes the D into a new dimension!
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:05 am

mpaulcurreri wrote:Hey Stiiiii(iii)ve! That did it! I had run out of options flipping through all the MIDI menus. But indeed, under the GLOBAL menu, there was an option that did as you described. I love the sub37, but it's menu stuffs certainly leave a bit to be desired sometimes. Thanks again!
Glad it helped :)