Voyager RME issue

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
rudefelt

Voyager RME issue

Post by rudefelt » Sun May 13, 2018 9:24 am

Hi forum,
Looking for some help...I bought a Voyager, then flashed the latest OS to it. It took quite a few attempts to do this.
Now the Voyager is very unstable, reboots frequently, sometimes just freezes and showing a blank display. If I'm lucky it works for a day or two, but sometimes it can reboot several times per minute.
Feels very shaky, could all this be from a badly flashed OS or what do you think? I've reflashed two more times but it shows the same behavior. Could the flash memory be damaged or is perhaps a digital board swap to be the best way out of this mess?
I need my Moog basses! :)
cheers /Martin

Acid Mitch

Re: Voyager RME issue

Post by Acid Mitch » Tue May 15, 2018 1:09 pm

What happens if you use os 3.5 instead of 3.6 and did it work properly before you flashed it ?

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Wed May 16, 2018 6:56 am

Hi, I’m a new Voyager user too.

I don’t know exactly if it comes from the OS or not. Did this start only after you’ve updated your Voyager or was it something present before, even if not as bad?

It’s important to know this, and the reason is quite simple: maybe it wasn’t functional even before the update. There’s a topic here where Rudi Linnhart explains how to turn on the Voyager in a basic mode so you can flash the OS again, maybe it would work for you.

I’m not exactly sure if these symptoms are OS related, but I do know that restarting to Voyager several times in a row might cause some damage. I’d contact Moog Music. They’re great!

Cheers!
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

till

Post by till » Wed May 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Check the power supply. If it is causing spikes and ditches now and then, problems like described might happen.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

rudefelt

Post by rudefelt » Wed May 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestions. I did try reflashing v3.5 but since it so often fails, I might want to try that again.
I'll also check for spikes in the power supply.
I checked what a new digital board would cost here in Sweden, and it was a small fortune, so I can't just replace that one.
I'll get back with new findings when I've done more trials.

cheers
Martin

dasystem

Post by dasystem » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:27 pm

do you remember where the thread is to start Voyager in basic mode? I am told the symptoms are a dead digital board but wondering if the o.s. just needs a reset. Currently nothing shows on screen, boots with correct led sequence but little sound and no readout.
IgorCristo wrote:Hi, I’m a new Voyager user too.

I don’t know exactly if it comes from the OS or not. Did this start only after you’ve updated your Voyager or was it something present before, even if not as bad?

It’s important to know this, and the reason is quite simple: maybe it wasn’t functional even before the update. There’s a topic here where Rudi Linnhart explains how to turn on the Voyager in a basic mode so you can flash the OS again, maybe it would work for you.

I’m not exactly sure if these symptoms are OS related, but I do know that restarting to Voyager several times in a row might cause some damage. I’d contact Moog Music. They’re great!

Cheers!

rudefelt

Post by rudefelt » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi, just wanted to say that the problem has been found and resolved...It was a connector to the power supply that was glitchy and sometimes caused a short power failure that caused the Voyager to reboot. I got it fixed by Rudi in Germany when he did the Slew rate modification to it, so I'm a happy man now :) Cheers friends!

till

Post by till » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:12 am

Good to hear about the Voyager RME fixed locally. And the Slew Rate Modification is a must-have to me. So did you meet Rudi in person or did you ship the RME by postal service? Rudi is such a friendly person!
rudefelt wrote:Hi, just wanted to say that the problem has been found and resolved...It was a connector to the power supply that was glitchy and sometimes caused a short power failure that caused the Voyager to reboot. I got it fixed by Rudi in Germany when he did the Slew rate modification to it, so I'm a happy man now :) Cheers friends!

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

rudefelt

Post by rudefelt » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:09 pm

till wrote:Good to hear about the Voyager RME fixed locally. And the Slew Rate Modification is a must-have to me. So did you meet Rudi in person or did you ship the RME by postal service? Rudi is such a friendly person!
Hi Till, I didn't meet Rudi in person but we had a long and fruitful email conversation. He was very patient with me. :)

till

Post by till » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:34 pm

rudefelt wrote:
till wrote:Good to hear about the Voyager RME fixed locally. And the Slew Rate Modification is a must-have to me. So did you meet Rudi in person or did you ship the RME by postal service? Rudi is such a friendly person!
Hi Till, I didn't meet Rudi in person but we had a long and fruitful email conversation. He was very patient with me. :)
Will you be at the Superbooth in Berlin this May? I will be there.

Sequence: