Voyager XL default factory sounds to banks A-G

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
DavideMicheli

Voyager XL default factory sounds to banks A-G

Post by DavideMicheli » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:35 pm

good day

i´d like to restore all 3.5 default factory sounds to banks A-G on my Voyager XL

Issue:
- all I can restore via the copyright/factory reset menu are the 128 preset sounds from bank E "I´m baa-ck!!"
- I don´t have the Editor Software and in the case I decided to buy it I do not know if it solve my issue
- is there a way I can load the patches ?

thanks !!
davide

HookedOnSonics

Re: Voyager XL default factory sounds to banks A-G

Post by HookedOnSonics » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:15 pm

DavideMicheli wrote:good day
i´d like to restore all 3.5 default factory sounds to banks A-G on my Voyager XL
- all I can restore via the copyright/factory reset menu are the 128 preset sounds from bank E "I´m baa-ck!!"
- I don´t have the Editor Software and in the case I decided to buy it I do not know if it solve my issue
- is there a way I can load the patches ?
Hi Davide,

I have an XL that came direct from Moog that has never been messed with as far as factory present version go, which on mine says 3.6, i acquired the XL in 2015. GregAE also has Beta 3.6 located on his Yahoo forum which by the way has literally a WEALTH of MOOG material. Here is GregAE's site: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Kno ... s/Voyager/.

As far as loading 3.5 .syx banks, you could request support to send you the 3.5 syx files, or you could load the 3.6 that's on GregAE's site using the C6 tool that's used for manually loading syx file on the Minitaur which you can find on this Forum under BETA FORUM at the bottom of the Board Index. Unzip it and look for\Minitaur_Editor_v3.2.1.zip\Minitaur Firmware\Firmware v2.2.1 Manual Update\Windows or OSX ... C6 or Capp

On GreaAE site he also has a white paper on how to do POT mapping. I also don't have the Voyager editor but will be getting it soon. POT mapping is best done using that Editor.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

DavideMicheli

Re: Voyager XL default factory sounds to banks A-G

Post by DavideMicheli » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:21 pm

Thank you very much for your help.
I will try to follow your comment.

Davide