Model D Reissue mod wheel Vibrato

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
PCM

Model D Reissue mod wheel Vibrato

Post by PCM » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:54 am

I am new Moog Model D owner. I have been trying to get a decent Vibrato with the Mod Wheel using the LFO and also tried using the 3rd Osc as an LFO. Im just not getting it. Does anyone have any suggestions. Would love some input. Thanks!!!!
Last edited by PCM on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ikazlar

Re: Model D Reissue mod whell Vibrato

Post by ikazlar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:20 am

The amount of modulation from the Mod Wheel to the VCOs is quite a lot, thus making it quite difficult to control the vibrato.

1. The Oscillator Modulation switch should be set to ON
2. The LFO shape should be triangle
3. Set the frequency of the LFO to something like 3
4. The switch under the knob in the Modulation Mix should be set to LFO and finally
5. The knob Modulation mix should be set to 10 (fully clockwise) - just to get vibrato solely from the internal LFO.

Just push the Mod Wheel a little and you will get vibrato. Adjust the LFO frequency and the Mod Wheel to taste.

Hope this helps.
The walls of Jericho were brought down by a Minimoog.

Minimooger

Post by Minimooger » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:47 am

i got the same issue with the strenght of the modulation weehl and i have installed the muse interface which has the ability to reduce the modulation amount . it´s great now to play with less modulation control .

ikazlar

Post by ikazlar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:54 am

Minimooger wrote:i got the same issue with the strenght of the modulation weehl and i have installed the muse interface which has the ability to reduce the modulation amount . it´s great now to play with less modulation control .
Does it reduce the modulation amount for both oscillators and filters, or just the oscillators?
The walls of Jericho were brought down by a Minimoog.

Minimooger

Post by Minimooger » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:44 am

i just checked - it reduces the amount of all destinations - filters as well as oscillators .

in the first attempt the new "modulation matrix" of the reissue was little confusing for me but as soon as i learned to handle it in conjucntion with the muse interface i am quite confident with this instrument .