Minimoog Reissue Power Supply - Cable and Pin Orientation

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
MrMesh

Minimoog Reissue Power Supply - Cable and Pin Orientation

Post by MrMesh » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:28 am

Hi all,

First time post, but hoping someone here is knowledgeable to help! I recently had an incident where the power cord for my Minimoog Model D Reissue was sliced through. There is enough cable for me to resolder the original connector back on, but when I pulled the insulation block away from inside the connector housing, it stripped the wires bare and I have no idea what was soldered where. Does anyone know which coloured jacket is connected to which pin? There is a red, yellow, blue, black and drain wire inside.

Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

breun

Re: Minimoog Reissue Power Supply - Cable and Pin Orientatio

Post by breun » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:15 am

I don’t know, but I’d contact Moog tech support: [email protected]

MrMesh

Post by MrMesh » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:55 am

breun wrote:I don’t know, but I’d contact Moog tech support: [email protected]
OK, thanks I'll see what they say. Apologies for the double post!

Minimooger

Post by Minimooger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:38 am

MrMesh wrote:Hi all,

First time post, but hoping someone here is knowledgeable to help! I recently had an incident where the power cord for my Minimoog Model D Reissue was sliced through. There is enough cable for me to resolder the original connector back on, but when I pulled the insulation block away from inside the connector housing, it stripped the wires bare and I have no idea what was soldered where. Does anyone know which coloured jacket is connected to which pin? There is a red, yellow, blue, black and drain wire inside.

Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
hi ,
i had the problem that the plug was worn out after a short time of pluging/replugging . therfore i got rid off that china plug and installed a proper neutric plug. additionally i have used shrinking wire to prevent shortcuts between the wires and ground - wich would destroy the power supply and/or the minimoog. i wrote down following connections and i strongly advice to double check if that really corresponds with your plug as well. i do not take over any issues due wrong soldering or other pinnings - you need to know what you do !!! 8)

pin colour voltage

1 yellow -15
2 blue +15
3 black GND
4 red +5 Volt
Shield: cable shield

breun

Post by breun » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:41 am

If you can't get yours fixed, it seems Moog is now offering a replacement power supply: https://www.moogmusic.com/products/acce ... wer-supply

MrMesh

Post by MrMesh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Minimooger wrote:
MrMesh wrote: hi ,
i had the problem that the plug was worn out after a short time of pluging/replugging . therfore i got rid off that china plug and installed a proper neutric plug. additionally i have used shrinking wire to prevent shortcuts between the wires and ground - wich would destroy the power supply and/or the minimoog. i wrote down following connections and i strongly advice to double check if that really corresponds with your plug as well. i do not take over any issues due wrong soldering or other pinnings - you need to know what you do !!! 8)

pin colour voltage

1 yellow -15
2 blue +15
3 black GND
4 red +5 Volt
Shield: cable shield
Thanks for this! Worked a treat. I also took the liberty of using a high quality right-angled Neutrik plug! Though a word of warning for anyone wanting to use the Neutrik NC4 FRX-B plug, you have to remove the aluminium panel at the back of the Moog and swivel the power socket 180 degrees in order to make use of the plug. :)