Voyager xl + RMEx3

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
bdr

Voyager xl + RMEx3

Post by bdr » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:07 pm

Hello all,
I am new to this world so please forgive my green questions.
I have a voyager xl and 3 Voyager RME. I am going to midi connect them for quadraphony. I plan to send the R/L out from the xl to an analog mixer stereo and send the mixers mono out (no stereo out option) to an audio interface. For each RME I was going to do the same so mixer inputs 1-4 will be the quad. I also have two minitaurs I am going to midi control from the xl and will send their audio out to the mixer inputs 5 and 6. I have 6 aux outputs in my mixer as well.
Will I need 4 of each individual moogerfooger to equally distribute their respective effects to this polychain or can I patch them in a way that all/none/some of these 6 synths can get exposed to the moogerfooger effects?
Thanks!

Vsyevolod

Re: Voyager xl + RMEx3

Post by Vsyevolod » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:36 am

Send the mix of all your sound sources through an aux send to your Foogers. This is the most efficient way to use them.

Stephen

bdr

Post by bdr » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:12 pm

Perfection. All voyagers and moogerfoogers working great together. Thanks!

I have a slim phatty I'm going to use as well because I love its sound. Would you use the xl to midi control the slim, use the slim's interface or would it be easiest to just use a little phatty? I know the voyager/phatties sound different so not sure how it would sound with voyager quadraphony combined with the xl midi controlling the slim.

TimeEchoProductions

Post by TimeEchoProductions » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:58 pm

bdr wrote:Hello all,
I am new to this world so please forgive my green questions.
I have a voyager xl and 3 Voyager RME. I am going to midi connect them for quadraphony. I plan to send the R/L out from the xl to an analog mixer stereo and send the mixers mono out (no stereo out option) to an audio interface. For each RME I was going to do the same so mixer inputs 1-4 will be the quad. I also have two minitaurs I am going to midi control from the xl and will send their audio out to the mixer inputs 5 and 6. I have 6 aux outputs in my mixer as well.
Will I need 4 of each individual moogerfooger to equally distribute their respective effects to this polychain or can I patch them in a way that all/none/some of these 6 synths can get exposed to the moogerfooger effects?
Thanks!

Can you show us all a video or audio demo of the Voyager Four Voice?
Voyager XL, Minitaur, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103,
MF-105m, MF-107, MF-108m, MP-201
Thomas Monticello 371 with Moog preset Synthesizer