Strange marks on Minimoog D face panel

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
minimoog72

Strange marks on Minimoog D face panel

Post by minimoog72 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:50 am

Hi guys,
My Mini is only six days old and I have noticed some strange marks on the front face panel. They looks like scuff marks or some kind of issue with the material used. Can someone tell me if they have the same problem on their Mini and that it is therefore just 'normal'. I have attached pics showing the marks. It's not a huge issue, but I just want to ensure all is as it should be. Cheers guys.
Attachments
Marks on Minimoog front panel
Marks on Minimoog front panel

till

Re: Strange marks on Minimoog D face panel

Post by till » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:17 pm

There are no such marks on my Minimoog reissues.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:13 pm

no marks on mine either

are there certain cleaners we're not supposed to use with these panels?

fwiw I have seen pics of vintage ones where it looks like the top clearcoat was lifting off, there were ripples in it

potts1970

Post by potts1970 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Did you buy this from a place that would have sold a floor model? All floor models get sold off AT A DISCOUNT from the music stores but should NEVER be sold off as brand new. I read online where somebody was stoked they got a MiniMoog Model D VERY recently with a 100 (if I remember right) serial number. He or she was wondering if they really have built that few since 2016. He got it from Guitar Center so they might have had their floor model, wrapped it back up and sold it off. Or maybe even one in the warehouse that TRULY sat and sat before being shipped, hard to tell. Check your serial number. If it's very low I'd call your dealer and ask questions. Mine is being delivered this coming Tuesday so hopefully I'll have a higher number serial which would give an idea on production amounts.
Cheers

hofi

Post by hofi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:46 pm

This happens in many copies, I have the number 8XX and you see the same traces. In addition, I noticed that the paint on the panel is less durable than the old models. I also see small chunks as the paint goes off.
Attachments
IMG_8385.JPG

hofi

Post by hofi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:49 pm

Another photo confirms this example.
Attachments
Zrzut ekranu 2017-11-27 o 23.46.26.png