Velocity triggers envelope/filter

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Storm Music

Velocity triggers envelope/filter

Post by Storm Music » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:56 am

Hi everybody,

I just got myself a voyager electric blue, so I'm a bit of a noob and haven't really digged into it yet.

I'm having a little trouble with velocity trigging the envelope (or filter), even though the mod busses amounts are zero...

How do I switch this off? - (i.e. I DON'T want the velocity to trigger the envelope!)

Thanks! And sorry if this too much of a rookie question!

Markyboard

Re: Velocity triggers envelope/filter

Post by Markyboard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:26 am

I'm not sure what you mean by Velocity triggering the gate. Are you saying that when you exceed a certain velocity threshold playing the keyboard the envelope triggers? And anything below that velocity doesn't cause a trigger? What are you using for a gate? Is it external? Under the Edit menu there are settings for the Amp Envelope Gate Source and Filter Envelope gate Source. What are these set to?

Storm Music

Post by Storm Music » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Markyboard wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by Velocity triggering the gate. Are you saying that when you exceed a certain velocity threshold playing the keyboard the envelope triggers? And anything below that velocity doesn't cause a trigger? What are you using for a gate? Is it external? Under the Edit menu there are settings for the Amp Envelope Gate Source and Filter Envelope gate Source. What are these set to?
Well, I mean, it seems to be opening the filter or triggering the filter envelope more the harder I press.
I'm not using external gate. I don't have the moog right here, but I'll check about the envelope gate sources tomorrow.

When I "initialise" a sound in the edit mode, this "triggering" is not happening. Then the velocity has no impact on the opening of the cutoff filter/the filter envelope...

So - I guess there is a way to not make this happen, I just cannot figure out how... :-)

till

Post by till » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:39 am

Is Velocity used one of the modulation buses as shaper?
Have you turned the mod busses amounts to zero after you called a patch from memory? The physical position is most likely not matching the stored value.
And Pot Mapping might route Velocity to the filter.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16