Patch comparison mode?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
mgregory22

Patch comparison mode?

Post by mgregory22 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:05 am

Can anyone tell me how to switch back and forth between a patch I'm editing and the original?

I've set up the comparison patch number in the Edit menu, and when I press Cursor, it changes to the patch I selected, but how do I get back to the patch I was editing? If I hit enter, it reverts all my edits and I have to go into Edit and recall the last sound.

If it's in the manual, I can't find it.

Markyboard

Re: Patch comparison mode?

Post by Markyboard » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:46 pm

Had the same issue with this just yesterday. You have to remember to hit the cursor button again to get back to the edited patch before you go off and do more editing or saving of the patch. Not real intuitive but also easy to get around. Fortunately like you said you can always do Recall Edit if you screw up.

mgregory22

Post by mgregory22 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:33 pm

That doesn't work for me. The cursor button doesn't do anything once it says "COMPARE SOUND" at the top.

mgregory22

Post by mgregory22 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Ok, I've figured out that I can go into "Compare to Preset" in the edit menu and compare them pretty easily, and, like you say, you have to exit with the edited patch selected or else you'll have to recall.

On the other hand, if I'm in the normal mode and I hit cursor accidentally, it switches to the patch you selected in "Compare to Preset" and there's no way to get your patch without recalling. THAT'S what I'm trying to figure out.

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 pm

I think you're on an earlier version of software then me. I'm on 3.6. and in this version if you chose a patch to compare to and leave the cursor on that patch when you exit compare mode, you'll be on the comparison patch as if you selected it to begin with from the panel preset menu. The only way to get back to your edited program is to do the Recall Last Sound. There is no other work-around.

mgregory22

Post by mgregory22 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:51 pm

Yeah, I'm on 3.5. I suppose I should upgrade, but I thought 3.6 was in beta.

But I'm wondering, what happens when you're just playing around in the usual playing mode, and you press the Cursor button?

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:23 am

Ahh... it's programmable! Look under Master Mode menu for Cursor Button. There's an option for ...Recall last Edit.

I can't remember the differences between 3.6 and 3.5. Look for a post on this forum. There's also links for the very latest version of 3.6 which includes some very recent requests (by me) and implemented by Rudi that got rid of a minor bug and adds disables midi for the Touch Pad. Moog will not post this or any other newer versions on their site. But 3.6 adds some nice features in addition to the ones I requested.

On second thought at the bottom of this thread is a link for the latest 3.6 files:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28084&sid=1c905a401 ... 178a74d037