Model D firmware update issue

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
zaccook

Model D firmware update issue

Post by zaccook » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:32 am

New Model D owner, former Sub 37 owner here--

After getting the new instrument last week, I of course checked to see if there were any firmware updates. Downloaded the 1.8 Firmware and followed the instructions to install it. Hasn't worked yet after multiple tries. As this is the first time I've ever had to use sys-ex, I'm still unsure if I'm doing something wrong. Used the program suggested, selected the proper midi port, did the erase function first--with no "confirmation tone", sent the firmware over--again with no confirmation tone.

In fact, there's no failure tone either, which apparently is a thing. I slowed the data transfer rate, per instructions. I made sure the filter was open, attack on 0. Anyone else have this issue?

I wonder if I even need to do the update, as it is a march or april 2017 made instrument. ALso, I have had no issues using midi with the Model D in other applications, so my MIDI isn't the issue. Thoughts?

till

Re: Model D firmware update issue

Post by till » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Version 1.8 was released in February this year. So your March or April reissue should got this on. My February 2017 got 1.8 loaded when I received it.

BTW:
You can see the exact day it passed the final quality control on the yellow sticker that is attached to bottom of the metal back of the panel. And it does look just like the original stickers of the old Minimoogs.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16