Tuning Voyager Osc 2 5th?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
mgregory22

Tuning Voyager Osc 2 5th?

Post by mgregory22 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:10 am

I received the instructions for tuning from Moog support, but I have a question and it's Sunday, so I don't expect them to respond until tomorrow, but I want to get this done today, so I'm asking here too.

On step h in the oscillator 2 section it says to tune the 5th of oscillator 2 and that there's a special patch I can get from support to do this? Could someone explain the patch and how to use it? Is it just the frequency knob turned all the way clockwise and make sure it's tuned to B? Or maybe not all the way, but to +122?

bichuelo

Re: Tuning Voyager Osc 2 5th?

Post by bichuelo » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Quoting Taylor Mott: "When I'm calibrating a Voyager, I just manually set the Osc 2 and Osc 3 frequency knob to 124 and cal from there. "
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

mgregory22

Re: Tuning Voyager Osc 2 5th?

Post by mgregory22 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:51 am

Oh, I got a reply from support a couple days after I posted that. He said basically what Taylor Mott said:
Hi Matt,

So, Step H is referring to tuning oscillators 2 to a fifth. There is a preset that automatically sets the oscillators to a fifth up from the root note. This can also be done by simply turning the corresponding frequency knob to a value of 124 which will be a fifth up from the root note. For example, the tuning guide has you tuning the oscillators to E so a fifth up from that would be B. So, after turning the frequency knob to a value of 124 you will want to adjust RP19 until your tuner is picking up a B. The procedure will then need to be performed again for oscillator 3.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions and I will be glad to help.

Thank you,

ADAM PRYOR