Model D reissue, Keyboard tuning error NOT working?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
cloudswim

Model D reissue, Keyboard tuning error NOT working?

Post by cloudswim » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Has anyone tried turning on the Keyboard tuning error? F1+C2 during power on?

Mine does not work, after startup pressing F1+C2 no output from the osc(s) other then the noise generator...

Any ideas?

stes0mmm

Re: Model D reissue, Keyboard tuning error NOT working?

Post by stes0mmm » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:03 am

cloudswim wrote:Has anyone tried turning on the Keyboard tuning error? F1+C2 during power on?

Mine does not work, after startup pressing F1+C2 no output from the osc(s) other then the noise generator...

Any ideas?
I also have the same problem......Serial number 1366

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:56 am

It does work for me. Did you check it with a tuner?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

cloudswim

Post by cloudswim » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:15 am

NO OUTPUT from OSCs when activated.

moog support is really really slow..... :roll:

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:00 pm

cloudswim wrote:NO OUTPUT from OSCs when activated.

It does work for me.

I understand you mean the pitch CV output? I made the test with and without the Tuning Error function and it works fine with both. Of course the oscillators sound output does work as well

Are you sure you are running the latest firmware? It doesn't make sense for me that something like this could be a hardware problem
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

cloudswim

Post by cloudswim » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:36 pm

bichuelo wrote:
cloudswim wrote:NO OUTPUT from OSCs when activated.

It does work for me.

I understand you mean the pitch CV output? I made the test with and without the Tuning Error function and it works fine with both. Of course the oscillators sound output does work as well

Are you sure you are running the latest firmware? It doesn't make sense for me that something like this could be a hardware problem
No, the main output has NO sound when the Tuning Error is activated. WHy is this so?
Moog is avoiding my question, have wrote twice and waited 3 weeks. Only received a very generic answer .....

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:52 am

The main output? From what I understood earlier it was the Pitch CV out which didn't work when the feature is ON

I am able to help with any test you need with my own unit. Maybe we are able to solve it together

I don't think that Moog is avoiding your question, why would they do so? Maybe they missed the email or they didn't understand your explanation properly. Have you tried giving them a call?

cloudswim

Post by cloudswim » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:07 pm

bichuelo wrote:The main output? From what I understood earlier it was the Pitch CV out which didn't work when the feature is ON

I am able to help with any test you need with my own unit. Maybe we are able to solve it together

I don't think that Moog is avoiding your question, why would they do so? Maybe they missed the email or they didn't understand your explanation properly. Have you tried giving them a call?
Let me explain again. There is no sound coming out of the Minimoog Model D reissue when I turn on the tuning error simulation. (F1 + C2 )

THERE IS NO SOUND!

I have to turn it off in order to have sound again.

Also I've just realised the legato function is also not working as expected. When the legato is turned on, I can only trigger notes that are lower then the current held note. Notes that are higher then the current held note would not trigger/ sound . (D3 + F#3 + A3)

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Now I understand. But mine behaves fine after making the aforementioned tests

Have you installed the latest firmware yet?

With regard to the legato function, that is the way it works indeed. The default is low note priority

You can change this by following the Note priority power-on commands on page 22 of the manual

cloudswim

Post by cloudswim » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Thanks for the tip for the note priority.

Yes I've updated the firmware again to 1.8 and its still working.

cloudswim

Post by cloudswim » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:27 am

bichuelo wrote:Now I understand. But mine behaves fine after making the aforementioned tests

Have you installed the latest firmware yet?

With regard to the legato function, that is the way it works indeed. The default is low note priority

You can change this by following the Note priority power-on commands on page 22 of the manual
The thing is when I turn on / off the legato, the behaviour is the same. Meaning there is no differences when its on or off, its always allowing a lower note to be triggered without releasing the previous note.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:47 am

cloudswim wrote:The thing is when I turn on / off the legato, the behaviour is the same. Meaning there is no differences when its on or off, its always allowing a lower note to be triggered without releasing the previous note.
Legato wont do anything about allowing or not tot trigger a note. It will allow or not to re-trigger the envelopes when a new note is played while the previous one was not released.

till

Post by till » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:06 pm

There is note priority: this let you choose which note pitch is heard when more then one key is pressed down. Original Minimoog used low note priority: always the lowest played key was used for the pitch information.

Trigger modes: There are Single trigger and multiple trigger. The first will only restart the envelope when all held notes are released. This is the way the original Minimoog used to trigger the envelopes. This mode is needed to play legato (changing the note pitch without a new note articulation).
The multiple trigger will always start a new note when a new key is pressed. You can't play legato in this mode.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

rhowells2

Post by rhowells2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:57 am

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my brand spanking new Model D reissue. When I hold down F1+C2, before and during power on of the unit, and then try to play the keys there is barely and sound whatsoever generated. I have a background in electrical engineering, so I know clearly that the unit is getting power and all of the necessary cords are plugged in etc., etc.. When I power off the unit and play the F1+B1 command to undo the keyboard tuning error function, then the unit upon restart plays again just fine. You would think the unit had died when you try to turn on the keyboard tuning error function on my Model D. Very disappointing... I mean this is not the most important feature, and it is sort of a gimmick, but it is a cool trick and definitely is a bummer that my Model D cannot do it at this point in time.
I am hoping Moog people will be able to help me get to the bottom of an easy fix. Hopefully I have merely overlooked some detail (doubtful that this is my fault) or that they have found a convenient way to correct this problem.

If anyone else has any tips at this time, please let me know. I did not get the impression that updating the firmware was of any use in solving this problem? Has updating the firmware helped anyone overcome this obstacle?