Voyager-Negative Filter Envelope

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
wungchung

Voyager-Negative Filter Envelope

Post by wungchung » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:00 am

Is there a way to use a Negative Filter Envelope on the Voyager?
Like on almost all synths out there.

For some reason most of the sounds I create use a negative filter envelope and I just got the Voyager and can't seem to find a way to trigger or assign a Negative Filter Envelope.

HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!

Anybody?

Thanks!

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm

Will the knob that says "amount to filter +5 to -5" help?

Cruel Hoax

Post by Cruel Hoax » Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:09 pm

In other words, the "Amount to Filter" knob is a bipolar control. It's at its "zero" position at 12 o'clock (pointing straight up). In this position, the filter envelope will not affect the filter cutoff frequency at all. As you rotate the knob to the right (clockwise, toward 1 o'clock, then two, etc.), progressively larger amounts of filter envelope are applied to the filter cutoff in a positive direction. As you rotate the knob to the left of 12 o'clock (counterclockwise), progressively larger amounts of filter envelope are applied to the filter cutoff in a negative direction.

A few Voyagers were shipped with a problem that prevents the filter envelope from behaving as it should. (I've played on one.) On these V-gers, rotating the A,mount to Filter knob clockwise increases the filter cutoff frequency, but the filter envelope Attack and Decay knobs don't do anything. There's a very small possibility that this could be happening to your V-ger.

-Hoax

elirentz

Post by elirentz » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:10 pm

I think what he's talking about is to assign a negative envelope to another destination besides just filter, in which case it can't be done with the current setup(unless you have the control processor and the cv output module). If the software can change this who knows. It would be nice though.