Minimoog Model D Rogue Screw

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
honeyears

Minimoog Model D Rogue Screw

Post by honeyears » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:32 am

Hi, I received a Minimoog Model about two weeks ago and have been blissfullly playing away on this thing for hours. I have a small problem with it though. It came with a rogue screw in it! I checked all the holes and they are all filled with screws, so this must have been one that just got left in it. The reason I know it's a screw is, it sticks out of the very back bottom corner of the back panel, stuck at the screw head (just wanting to be let free). I tried calling Moog and left a message and alas, not an answer back. I am determined to not have to send this thing back to Zzounds. Does anyone know if I can just take the back panel off (some twenty screws!) and let that thing out? Damn you Moog!

till

Re: Minimoog Model D Rogue Screw

Post by till » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:03 pm

It is very easy to undo all the screws of the metal back and to open the panel's back. But depending where the screw sticks, it might be hidden behind some boards.

(my 2017 Minimoog opened)
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

honeyears

Post by honeyears » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:36 am

Yeah, thanks. I was able to successfully get that thing out.

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:28 am

often when theres a screw floating around inside any unit (cassette deck, cd player etc) its one that was holding something and became dislodged.

Did you have a good look when it was open to see if there were any screw holes that were suspiciously empty?