Forum Soundbank?? Anyone??

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers

Would you use a forum soundbank if it were available?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:47 am

Yes, I would download/upload sounds to/from the soundbank.
80%
No, I would never use this.
20%

Total votes: 5

vanbebberm

Forum Soundbank?? Anyone??

Post by vanbebberm » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:47 am

Hello-
This was a great idea about the soundbank, has anyone done anything to make this happen? That was the first thing I thought we should do on this forum. Here are the 3 sound banks that I know of:

'Zon.syx/mid' - A 128-preset bank that comes loaded on the Voyager. (The first preset is titled "I'm Ba-aack!!")

'twolf.syx/mid' - A 128-preset bank that is downloadable from this site. (The first preset is titled "CLASSIC MINI")

'preset_ref.3a.syx/mid' - A 65-preset bank that is also downloadable from this site (or it was.) (The first preset is titled "Oooof")

So, we have a combined total of 321 presets for the Voyager right now. :D But I have tons of my own sounds that I would love to share, and I know there are others that do too. A couple of questions about this:
1.) How can we upload the .syx banks to this site?
2.) Would someone volunteer to post these patches/banks at a centralized location where they can be viewed, searched and downloaded?

This would be a great resource if we could just start this....
thanks,
Mike

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:49 am

I have saved about 7 patches on my Voyager. I doubt anyone would want to try them anyway. Still, there's my favourite method of distributing, by drawing a patch chart. :)

vanbebberm

Post by vanbebberm » Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:25 am

Boeing 737-400 wrote:I have saved about 7 patches on my Voyager. I doubt anyone would want to try them anyway. Still, there's my favourite method of distributing, by drawing a patch chart. :)
Sorry to inform you that patch charts are very inaccurate when used with the voyager. I have been told several times by technicians at moog that each machine is different, and that tolerances in the components do not allow them to be accurate from machine to machine. It is only accurate with a syx. or midi file.
-Mike

Kevin Bowden

Post by Kevin Bowden » Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:58 am

The MMVOYAGER Yahoo Group has a file area that I believe can be used for uploading files.

Perhaps Moog would like to exploit some of the other features of their PHP package to provide such a service, they'd obviously have to state "at your own risk" though.