...re-creating acoutic sounds.

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
kk

...re-creating acoutic sounds.

Post by kk » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:40 am

Hello,

I have had a frustrating time trying to emulate acoutic sound with and I have landed myself in no-where...well tho' close to it. The sounds I have been trying to create are strings, brass and flutes.

I need someone to please help me...

Regards,
'kk'

GregAE

Re: ...re-creating acoutic sounds.

Post by GregAE » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:30 am

kk wrote:Hello,

I have had a frustrating time trying to emulate acoutic sound with and I have landed myself in no-where...well tho' close to it. The sounds I have been trying to create are strings, brass and flutes.

Regards,
'kk'
Well, you may be better off with a ROMpler for acoustic sounds, but try these Voyager presets:

'Stringy' - Electric Blue Bank, preset #4
'Brassy Lead' - Zon Vern Pyles bank, preset #3
'Hammer Flute' - Thomas Wolf bank, preset #42

You can use these presets as 'starters' and tweak from there. I'd also recommend the Editor software for this - it will give you a complete view of the parameters that make up these sounds - highly informative and very useful.

Greg

GregAE

Re: ...re-creating acoutic sounds.

Post by GregAE » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:35 am

kk wrote:Hello,

Regards,
'kk'
Well, you may be better off with a ROMpler for acoustic sounds, but try these Voyager presets:

'Stringy' - Electric Blue Bank, preset #4
'Brassy Lead' - Zon Vern Pyles bank, preset #3
'Hammer Flute' - Thomas Wolf bank, preset #42

You can use these presets as 'starters' and tweak from there. I'd also recommend the Editor software for this - it will give you a complete view of the parameters that make up these sounds - highly informative and very useful.

Greg