New model D - certain keys not playing

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
twelvetone

New model D - certain keys not playing

Post by twelvetone » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:04 pm

I just bought the new model D reissue. I've not even had it a week. When I turned it on for the first time and started playing, I noticed there were some keys that did not play - just silence, no sound at all while all the others were fine. I read through the manual, but found nothing that mentioned this condition or the specific keys that made no sound. So I performed a factory reset (power on while holding down the first 4 white keys). This seemed to fix the problem and all the keys played fine after that the rest of the night.

This weekend I turned it on again and the same thing happened. Once again, I performed the factory reset procedure but this time it made no difference. In fact I did the reset several times, but the condition persisted.

It's curious that every time it has been the exact same keys that are affected, and I don't see any correlation. The keys are always A0, F1, C#2, A2 and F3. Has anybody ever heard of this or experienced something like it, or know what could be happening? I would hate to have to return it, but may have to. Very strange.

Thanks.

timmy

Re: New model D - certain keys not playing

Post by timmy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:31 pm

I agree. It is strange that every time you power it up the same set of keys is affected. Quality control cannot catch every possible issue. For the amount of money charged for these new units, you should send it back and get a new one or your money back.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

Waza

Re: New model D - certain keys not playing

Post by Waza » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:26 am

Does it matter what waveform your on?
Computer: 3.4ghz i7 Quad core, 24gb Ram,
Soundcard : Focusrite Saffire 56
DAW: Studio One 64 Bit
Plugins : Too Many to say
Hardware: Moog Model D, Access Virus Ti2 Keyboard