Polyphonic(4 voice) Voyager Help

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
davidedwards

Polyphonic(4 voice) Voyager Help

Post by davidedwards » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:34 am

Hello,

So I'm a paraplegic and for the last 4 years I've been unable to make music because of health issues, but I'm FINALLY doing a lot better and am trying to setup my studio area to accommodate my situation and I need some help/advice. I'm limited in a lot of different ways and to save real estate space I decided to get 3 Voyager RME's to add some polyphony to my Voyager XL. At first I was going to get another polyphonic analog synth, but this way I'll have more room. When I'm in my studio space I'm actually standing up using a power chair that puts me in the standing position, but I have to wear a large brace, which keeps me extremely rigid and I can't move forward much at all. I need as much as possible right in front of me, so I'm going to have to build upward. I'm definitely going to get at least 3 VX-352's, and potentially 1 CP-251 and I need to know if someone could point me in the right direction of a rack that can fit everything. I also have all 7 foogers. I know that nice-racks.com could certainly do something custom for at least the 3 Voyager RME's, but I've noticed that people sometimes struggle with the foogers because of their design when it comes to rack mounting them, and also connecting the RME's with the VX-352's. Does anyone have any advice? I'm also going to be getting some type of new interface in the near future(which may or may not go into the rack), and I'm most certainly going to start using patch bays as well because I can't be plugging all my gear in and out of the back it constantly. I'll add a picture of the area of my studio where the XL is.
IMG_2347.jpg
IMG_2348.jpg

jsharpphoto

Re: Polyphonic(4 voice) Voyager Help

Post by jsharpphoto » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:27 pm

Where are you located?
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

davidedwards

Post by davidedwards » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:20 am

Thanks for responding! I'm leaning in the direction of something from nice-racks.com, but I definitely appreciate you showing me some other options as well. Now I just have to reinforce this hodge-podge of a work area with some 4x4's because all this equipment concentrated in one area might be too much!

davidedwards

Post by davidedwards » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:36 am

Oh man, I think I completely misread your post! HAHA! Were you wondering where I would be located in my actual studio setup? Like where I would be standing using the power chair?

breun

Post by breun » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Moog sells rack kits for Moogerfoogers: https://www.moogmusic.com/products/acce ... -mount-kit

TimeEchoProductions

Post by TimeEchoProductions » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:31 pm

Moog, Bosch, Dali, and Alex Grey; superb taste.
Voyager XL, Minitaur, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103,
MF-105m, MF-107, MF-108m, MP-201
Thomas Monticello 371 with Moog preset Synthesizer