Voyager Electric Blue Envelope Issues (and other things)

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
terrorboss

Voyager Electric Blue Envelope Issues (and other things)

Post by terrorboss » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:17 am

Hey guys,
I'm either an idiot (a thing that happens from time to time) or my the volume envelope on my voyager is being a jerk.
So, if I have decay and release at 0 and sustain at 10, if turn the attack up it should effect the amount of time to takes for the sound to hit peak volume, right? As of right now, it does not. If I engage the decay it allows the attack time to do it's thing.
In addition to this (possible?) issue, I have rebooted the system but the first 20 or so patches in the A Bank are all a bunch of random jargon/characters that produce no sounds at all.
A couple of time recently the display panel has been cycling like crazy through all of the knob settings (thoug it has been a week since it last did this).
Serial number eb1502 running os 3.5
Halp?
Rob
Rob Ross

Moog Prodigy, Moog Liberation, Mini Moog Voyager, Sub Phatty 37

terrorboss

Re: Voyager Electric Blue Envelope Issues (and other things)

Post by terrorboss » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:00 pm

Seriously guys, this is getting awful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJicbf5gW4K/
Rob Ross

Moog Prodigy, Moog Liberation, Mini Moog Voyager, Sub Phatty 37

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:04 pm

You may have a problem with some of the Ti (Texas Instruments) chips on your analog board. Best to call Tech Support @ Moog and explain the problem to them.

I had a similar issue with my Filter Cutoff Envelope on a Voyager Select. I could tweak the Cutoff via the pot/knob but the envelope was dead and not doing anything.

Moog warrantied the issue and replaced my Analog board which was essentially a 10 minute board swap that I did myself. You may be able to do it yourself or maybe use a local shop to do it for you.

I could be wrong, but it's worth calling them and they may have a simple test that you can perform to confirm one way or the other.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

dth

Post by dth » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:43 am

Hi Rob,

I have exactly the same issue (display panel has been cycling like crazy through all of the knob settings) on my 10 year old Voyager. Sometimes it is gone for a few weeks, but unfortunately it always reappears. At first I thought it was some kind of midi-loop but even after disconnecting all the other gear (laptop, mixer, moogerfoogers etc.), the panel settings, sound and sometimes also the memory presets, change spontaneous. Did you find out what causes this problem?

Greetings,
Dick