Mod amount

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Ljudmakaren

Mod amount

Post by Ljudmakaren » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:52 am

Hi!
I just bought a Voyager PE (one of the last 600 they made) after problems with two sub37's and it is awesome!
The only thing that troubles me is that ther is a "jump" between the 0 and 1 on the mod amount knobs. This makes it hard to set, for example, a subtle vibrato on the fly.

Has any other experienced this or am i doing something wrong?

latigid on

Re: Mod amount

Post by latigid on » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:39 pm

Did you try using the mod wheel as a source? You can fade modulation in very easily that way.

Ljudmakaren

Post by Ljudmakaren » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:57 am

Yes, i tried that. I have talked to the moog-guys who said that is the normal operation. The sub37 had much more subtle control over the mod. busses. The voyager does actually feel quite rough in the mod. departement. A lot more complex to program.

NickGrooves

Post by NickGrooves » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:46 am

I have not noticed or had issue, but now that you said it, maybe I will. I love all the mod. knob options, if that's what you mean by programming? I have not delved into the computer yet aside from dialing some presets.
Voyager select
Mother-32
Hammond XK-3c
Emu Proteus 2000
ProTools

Ljudmakaren

Post by Ljudmakaren » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:25 pm

With the programming i meant the menydiving and that there is set values of amount in the pot mapping.

Anyway. I returned the Performer and got the Old School instead. WOW! Less mod possibilitys but smooth and awesome! This feels like an instrument! I think it has to have been something in the DAC in the performer since there is no such artefacts in the OS. The OS actually sounds much better.

Only problem is some crackling stuff going on... :(