Mix-Out loop, no audio. Can't figure this out.

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
armandoc

Mix-Out loop, no audio. Can't figure this out.

Post by armandoc » Mon May 16, 2016 6:16 pm

I read in the manual I could bypass the filter and use one of my four moogerfoogers to add some depth and send it back in to the voyager. I went to guitar center and picked up a send/return cable. When I hook it up all up, I get no sound. I checked all the knobs and everything sounds good. I've tried on all four moogerfoogers with the same results.

If I plug it in half way to any of the moogerfoogers, I can hear the signal pass through, but if I plug it all the way in to the moogerfooger I get no signal at all.

So I thought maybe its my voyager, when I unplugged the tip and ring cables from the moogerfooger, I used the current in my body to pinch both cables to make a connection, sure enough the signal passed through without a problem. So now I'm wondering, are the cables I bought a POS, or did I miss something here?

If I pinch the tips with my hands, I can complete the path and get a signal - or half way in to any moogerfooger. But if I plug it all the way in to any of my moogerfoogers, I hear a very faint signal and no turning of any knobs will give me any results.

I'm stumped. :?

DonutDude

Re: Mix-Out loop, no audio. Can't figure this out.

Post by DonutDude » Mon May 16, 2016 8:49 pm

When I use an insert cable and I plug the tip cable where the ring cable should go and vice versa I get no sound. Try reversing the two and see if that helps. If not, you'll probably have to indicate where you are connecting the cables on the Moogerfoogers so we can try and troubleshoot your problem.

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Tue May 17, 2016 12:50 am

My guess is you have the tip and ring connectors backwards. My method for remembering which is which is rather crass, but it works. The PG-13 version is "tip = in".
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Tue May 17, 2016 3:58 am

Seems I always end up getting the insert cables that aren't labeled so I have to guess the first time I plug them in. :)