depressing night with the voyager

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
peak

depressing night with the voyager

Post by peak » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:31 pm

so I was at rehearsal tonight when all of the sudden my voyager goes way out of tune.

seems osc 1 is like -8 flat. the only way to correct this problem is to adjust osc 2 & 3 up + 8. The problem is that all the presets would have to be adjusted and I am not sure if the osc is going to drift even more.

I have two big shows this weekend. any way to fix this? or is this a service call?

I can't believe this happened. I have only had this voyager for about two months. I would expect this to happen to my MS-20 or my Prodigy before it would happen with my voyager.

Geez...I am so frustrated.

peak

Post by peak » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:26 am

sorry, I must correct myself. I have to tune osc 2 & 3 down -8 for them to be in tune with osc 1. This is for any preset that uses more than just osc 1.

I have read through just about every thread discussing tuning issues with the voyager and I am still looking for some ideas.

This is an RME and I am not sure if there is a pitch (or any) calibration setting. I have been running OS 3.0 since I got this synth and have had no previous problems. I could update to 3.1 if there was a possibility that this could help.

This issue was giving me nightmares all night. It wouldn't be that bad if I didn't have these gigs coming up.

Any ideas would totally be appreciated at this point.

gd

Post by gd » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:15 am

try the upgrade first and lets go from there.
Mini D, P'08 ..

peak

Post by peak » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:46 pm

okay.....so 3.1 seemed to fix everything.

strange....and a little scary. I don't have a clue what could have happened to the OS (3.0) to screw the osc tuning up so much. I wasn't even messing with the OS when it happened. thank goodness it wasn't during a live set.

I sure hope that was the last I will see of that glitch.

anyway, moog's tech support (amos) rocks.