External Audio in question

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
EricK

External Audio in question

Post by EricK » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:47 pm

I tried to hook up the ROland Keyboard into the External audio in just so i could mess with it a bit. As you may have guessed im just getting to know the Voyager.

Okay I ran the cord in, i saw that it was registering a signal, i flipped the ext audion in switch, turned up the gain, had the volume of the keyboard up (Cord was from both the headphone and the left mono output of the roland) THe light was on that it was getting a sound but no sound came through. I opened the filter up all the way all the attack and decay features.....What shoudl i do to get a sound?

I know this is a stupid question but i had to ask hehe. (Im at work racking my brain on it and i can't go home and play it hehe)

Any suggestions.

Also I can't use the knob to cycle through my presets instead of the cursor button. I have the hardware upgrade. Any suggestions?

THanks hehe Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:19 pm

Did you turn off the oscillators and switch the ENV. GATE to ON/EXTERNAL? The VCA has to be open.

MC

Post by MC » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:20 pm

You need to trigger the EGs to open the VCA. Set the ENV GATE switch to ON/EXTERNAL. From there, you can get a little more adventurous by using the Roland to trigger the Voyager.

MC

Post by MC » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:21 pm

Had to beat me by a minute, didn't you :P

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:27 pm

Its a fast paced world here on the internet :wink:

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:08 pm

Its a little tricky because i kep forgetting when I change presets all of my panel parameters are changed. Thats a little annoying but hey i still think it rocks.

Ill try my hardest to figure it out before i ask any more no brainer questions. lol
THanks guys,
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:33 pm

You can also play the Roland with the Voyager via Midi. You can leave the GATE to OFF/EXTERNAL. With a mixer you can add the Voyager's sound to the Roland. The Moog's keyboard will allow you to play the Roland polyphonically. Everytime you hit the Moog keyboard the gate will open for the Voyager and the Roland. Plus the Voyager's Oscillators as well as the Roland's audio will go through the filter section.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney