best CV outputing devices...

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
vitel2

best CV outputing devices...

Post by vitel2 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:17 pm

What are people's recommendations for the following:

1) Envelope follower.
I know that the MF-101 has on in it, but is that the most cost effective choice if you only want the envelope follower?

2) Frequency to voltage converter. - I've seen these on line. Do they work well? What sorts of sounds do they read the best?

3) Percussion CV triggers - I know there are a number of styles and manufacturers. What are people's experiences? Any one use a Moog Drum?

Thanks

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:49 pm

Hey i bought a 1130 Percussion Controller off of ebay for around 250 i think.

Basically it has a black standard 1/4th inch plug that is designed to go into the filter input or something. It has a red plug that is designed to go in the oscilator jack. It has the power plug that plugs into some Moogs (mini, moog satellite, Micro Multi and Sonic 6) and the fabled Cinch-Jones s trig plug. WHen you turn the SCALE knob with the red plug in the osc, the lighter that you hit it the lower the note, the harder that you hit it the higher the note. You can almost generate walking basslines if you use the drum like a ride cymbal. THe notes that you get depend too on the last note played on the keyboard.

I think mine needs a tiny bit of work because sometimes i hit it in vane and it doesn't make a sound then it will be super sensitive. The drum head comes off and underneath the piece of foam is a piece of wood and underneath that is a speaker that is aparently reversed rewired to ast as a mic.

If it was in top working order (which i think i could get it to be by replacing the speaker) then it woudl be awesome.

I just wish that i had bought the ribbon controller that i saw soon after that hehe.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.