Faulty TI chips in Voyager Old School?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
bichuelo

Re: Faulty TI chips in Voyager Old School?

Post by bichuelo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:33 pm

If it has a known issue Moog and they approve it as an extraordinary warranty, you can send in the malfunctioning board and they will send you the board free of charge.

No need to send the entire synth
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

dasystem

Post by dasystem » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:36 pm

bichuelo wrote:If it has a known issue Moog and they approve it as an extraordinary warranty, you can send in the malfunctioning board and they will send you the board free of charge.

From moog:

Replacing the digital board would cost $366.27 which includes labor. As for the serial number, normally this is required to register products but in this case you can place an ‘X’ in the serial number field and it will bypass the automated system, allowing you to register the Voyager.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:21 pm

dasystem wrote:
bichuelo wrote:If it has a known issue Moog and they approve it as an extraordinary warranty, you can send in the malfunctioning board and they will send you the board free of charge.

From moog:

Replacing the digital board would cost $366.27 which includes labor. As for the serial number, normally this is required to register products but in this case you can place an ‘X’ in the serial number field and it will bypass the automated system, allowing you to register the Voyager.
Oh now I see. If they confirmed that this is related to the digital board, then there is very little chance that this was one covered by extraordinary warranty.

I understand that they know the serial number anyway, even if you don't need to mention it at the time of shipment.

Now I understand your frustration. I have serviced several Voyagers though not an RMA. Changing the digital board is quite easy, even for the end user
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

dasystem

Post by dasystem » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:26 pm

bichuelo wrote:
dasystem wrote:

From moog:

Oh now I see. If they confirmed that this is related to the digital board, then there is very little chance that this was one covered by extraordinary warranty.

I understand that they know the serial number anyway, even if you don't need to mention it at the time of shipment.

Now I understand your frustration. I have serviced several Voyagers though not an RMA. Changing the digital board is quite easy, even for the end user

Yes a tad frustrating for a $4000+ mono synth

My micromoog is older than most of us here and that babe still going strong.