Voyager RME MIDI Keyboard problem

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Niko

Voyager RME MIDI Keyboard problem

Post by Niko » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:47 am

I'd like to ask the community whether you may have a solution or suggestion to the following problem.
After some days of not touching my RME Voyager I cannot play different notes anymore. With two different Midi keyboards the symptom is the same. By pressing a key on the keyboard just one (Same) note can be activated, regardless which key is pressend . The panel function is working (eg filter poties, pitch or mod wheels ok).
Am I just brainwashed and unable to find a proper function in the operating software or could it be a real defect? Any help or recommendation will be very much appreciated.
Thanks and

Best regards

Niko
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

Where is the tutti button on this instrument? ...

jsharpphoto

Re: Voyager RME MIDI Keyboard problem

Post by jsharpphoto » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:42 am

More info might be needed.

Are you routing your midi data through a DAW? or just plugging in direct? Have you ruled out the midi cable?
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

Niko

Post by Niko » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:24 am

Thanks for the reply. Following comments/answers I have at the moment:

- DAW: No, I'm not using DAW herewith
- direct plug in: Yes, direct connection from Midi-keyboard to RME, and no, via midi through port from Slim Phatty above
- ruled out midi cable: Yes, midi cable works fine, e.g. with phatty and memotron which are in the same rack
Again, both slim phatty and memotron are working fine with the midi keyboard, only the RME shows strange behaviour. Yesterday I've got a hint from my local dealer (Hieber Lindberg, Munich) to do a software update.
Attachments
image.jpeg
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

RL

Post by RL » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:32 am

Niko wrote:Yesterday I've got a hint from my local dealer (Hieber Lindberg, Munich) to do a software update.
Hi Niko,
it has nothing to do with software.
BTW: warum ruft du mich nicht einfach an?
Meine Homepage steht im MASTER Menu bei Copyright.

Rudi
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2

Niko

Post by Niko » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:04 am

Hi Rudi,

Mann thanks for the reply. Jetzt muss ich nur noch herausfinden wo das MASTER menu ist... . Bis bald:
Niko

Niko

Post by Niko » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:16 am

RME now back from repairing. Defektive Oscillator board changed. At that opportynity slew rate modification implemented. Everything works fine again - no, much better! This modification is really fantastic. Sound is extremely good now. I did not expected such an improvement. Great job by Rudi from Lintronics! Thank you very much Rudi!
And also many thanks to Stefan (EMC) and Martin (Hieber Lindberg) for their competent and smooth support herewith.
Attachments
image.jpeg