Clicks with Midi note off on RME

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
KimBrown

Clicks with Midi note off on RME

Post by KimBrown » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:04 am

Hi,

Just bought a RME from Thomann Germany and noticed some weird things after powering it up. On every Midi note off command, my RME produces clicks. Furthermore, these clicks seem to occur on the Left/Mono channel more than on the Right channel. Here's a sound example to illustrate the problem (the first 12 seconds are from the left channel with all oscillators on, the second 12 seconds are from the left channel with all oscillators off, the third 12 seconds are from the right channel with all oscillators on and the fourth 12 seconds are from the right channel with all oscillators off):

https://soundcloud.com/kimbrown-522337609/clicks

I'm aware of such clicks occurring on analog gear for bass patches at low attack times. However, my clicks occur across the keyboard independent of attack and release times.

Is this a faulty unit, should I sent it back?

Thanks,
KB

music.maker

Re: Clicks with Midi note off on RME

Post by music.maker » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:50 am

Listened to the track. Can't hear clicks, Perhaps it's my ears or low quality headphone. Sure it's not you audio card ? Did you listen on the RME headphone out, same problem ? My new RME will arrive in a few days, so certainly concerned if there is any issue in the last production units.