Drive/ distortion pedal for Voyager á la multidrive

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
TimeEchoProductions

Re: Drive/ distortion pedal for Voyager á la multidrive

Post by TimeEchoProductions » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:27 pm

jsharpphoto wrote:This is my official recommendation, since I have both a voyager and a sub37. THE best way to get that sound is using the Electro-harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi Deluxe pedal. Normally, the Muff circuitry would be WAY to muddy for getting that natural overdrive. But the bass deluxe version offers a few special features.

1. it has a blend knob. When using this pedal in the mixer out/filter in FX loop, this pedal really shines.

2. It has a buffered dry output jack. This means you can send the dry signal back into the audio input, regardless of whether the pedal is in bypass mode or not. This will safely overdrive the filter without occupying or harming your headphone output.

3. The wet signal has an optional crossover. If you want it to, it will push your dry signal through a low pass filter, and the fuzz through a high pass filter, both with independent cutoff controls. This cross over can be turned on and off through its own switch, and manipulated through the tone and sustain controls knobs. But none of this effects that dry signal going back into your audio input.

Since this is pre-filter and pre-envelope, there is zero noise or hum in the signal when you aren't playing, like there would be if you were running it after the output of the synth.

I love this pedal so much, and consider it to be an essential part of the synth, I'm going to convert the pedal I to a 5u module for my dotcom add-ons for my voyager XL, so the controls are always at my fingertips.

This is a must-buy, in my opinions. I'll make a demo video for YouTube.
Did you ever make that demo video? :)
Voyager XL, Minitaur, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103,
MF-105m, MF-107, MF-108m, MP-201
Thomas Monticello 371 with Moog preset Synthesizer