Sound Tower Voyager PlugSE fixed?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
TimeEchoProductions

Sound Tower Voyager PlugSE fixed?

Post by TimeEchoProductions » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:03 am

Hey,
I have read the other old threads about the sound tower plugse,
Which gave mixed reviews.
I see they are up to version 1.4 or something now.
Has anyone tried the latest version and does it work
like it should? Thanks.
Voyager XL, Minitaur, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103,
MF-105m, MF-107, MF-108m, MP-201
Thomas Monticello 371 with Moog preset Synthesizer

Vsyevolod

Re: Sound Tower Voyager PlugSE fixed?

Post by Vsyevolod » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:45 pm

'SoundTower editor' and 'works like it should' are two phrases that never belong in the same sentence.

Stephen

MacAquinas

Post by MacAquinas » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:07 pm

I have used it on a Mac and it works just fine. I have not used it extensively however, just a couple of times, but no problems.
I see you have an XL like me and and i wanted to mention that Bank H has no place in the Software, but since H cannot be overwritten it's not such a big deal. One thing that is strange is that the manual will tell you that Bank H is a copy of Bank E but on mine made in 2015 Banks A-H contain unique content. H is not a copy of E on mine.
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:41 pm

Sound Tower editor works fine in XPPro.
Voyager EB #165, T3 #292, MF-101, 102, 103, 104SD, 2x104MSD, 105M, 107, 108M, MP-201, VX-351, CP-251, Frostwave Fat Controller.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:17 pm

MacAquinas wrote:I have used it on a Mac and it works just fine. I have not used it extensively however, just a couple of times, but no problems.
I see you have an XL like me and and i wanted to mention that Bank H has no place in the Software, but since H cannot be overwritten it's not such a big deal. One thing that is strange is that the manual will tell you that Bank H is a copy of Bank E but on mine made in 2015 Banks A-H contain unique content. H is not a copy of E on mine.
I am using the beta 3.6 in my PE and I do have the H fixed bank, so it looks like it does work on other Voyager editions...
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

midilifestyle

Post by midilifestyle » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:47 pm

Soundtower is the target of much online hatred, and I have to admit I've been less than satisfied with some of their editors, particularly the DSI stuff. But the Voyager editor works just fine for me on OSX, and I find it to be a pretty valuable asset. The preset genetics stuff is great, and being able to quickly set things like the potmapping sources and destinations is a bit more painless on the editor than it is with the hardware. I love Moog, but that OS on the Voyager has to be one of the most arcane things I've ever used. They probably will never change it (a guy at the factory gave me the explanation [excuse?] that they wanted to keep it 'as Bob left it'), but here's to hoping they update it someday...

anj0712

Post by anj0712 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:11 pm

I just today purchased this PlugSE 1 app. i can not get it to respond well with my rig. Cakewalk Sonar Performer 8.5 via MOTU 828mkII interface and MOTU Midi Xpress XT. The best i can get is a 2 second latency and no control over patch changes or any other functions. I have many synths (hardware and software) connected and have experienced none of these difficulties. I am hoping there is a simple step i have overlooked and that i have not thrown away $79US

ramdam

Post by ramdam » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:36 am

Your difficulties might be due to the motu which has major bugs transmitting sysex data. I had problems with it and my soundtower prophet editor which works fine on my roland quad capture sound card.

But this leads me to a question, when I use the voyager editor using quad capture, which works with everything for me, my akai mpk25 keyboard controller doesn't work. is this common? basically not at all pleased with the soundtower editor. the interface is pretty bogus.