Product Identification

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Scott Rolf

Product Identification

Post by Scott Rolf » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:29 pm

I honestly do not know what I have here:
A couple of months ago I purchased from Sweetwater one of the minimoog Voyagers in the Bubinga Wood Bundled with the VX-351 and CP-251(see link)
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VoyagerBBLTD

The one shown on the website says "Electric Blue" under the date screen. Zoom in on one of the photos and you can just make it out.
Ok fine.
However, mine looks identical to this EXCEPT it reads "Select Series" under the data screen.
AND, just to add to the confusion my S/N begins with "EB" (Electric Blue?)

What do I have here?
Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid

MRNUTTY

Re: Product Identification

Post by MRNUTTY » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:10 am

It's somekind of cosmetic sweetwater select / electric blue hybrid. It should function like an other Voyager though.
VoyagerEB, Minitaur, LittlePhattyII, 4xSlimPhatty, Sub37, MF[2x101,2x102,103,104M,105,105B,105M,2x107,108M], 3xCP251, XV351, MP201;
2xMother 32, DFAM, Subharmonicon;
System 55 and Minimoog clones with lots of mods.

Scott Rolf

Post by Scott Rolf » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:18 am

MRNUTTY wrote:It's somekind of cosmetic sweetwater select / electric blue hybrid. It should function like an other Voyager though.
This isn't something Sweetwater made up. It clearly came from the factory this way.
I have an inquiry into moog about it.

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:56 pm

Scott Rolf wrote:
MRNUTTY wrote:It's somekind of cosmetic sweetwater select / electric blue hybrid. It should function like an other Voyager though.
This isn't something Sweetwater made up. It clearly came from the factory this way.
He was not saying that. He was saying that the select series were custom order finishes. Sweetwater choose this spec as their custom order finish.
A quick search on Google came up with all the answers in the first couple of listings. Do a search?

Scott Rolf

Post by Scott Rolf » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:27 pm

vinnyburns wrote:
Scott Rolf wrote:
He was not saying that. He was saying that the select series were custom order finishes. Sweetwater choose this spec as their custom order finish.
A quick search on Google came up with all the answers in the first couple of listings. Do a search?
My apologies.
I guess I was entering the wrong search criteria.
Thank you.

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:53 pm

Scott Rolf wrote:
vinnyburns wrote:
Scott Rolf wrote:
My apologies.
I guess I was entering the wrong search criteria.
Thank you.
No problem at all. You have a nice Voyager package there :-)