Help! Upgrade gone wrong

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
brianfores

Help! Upgrade gone wrong

Post by brianfores » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:26 am

Hey all,

Well, I used sysex librarian, and updated from 2.3 to the latest one, but every preset after 65 just appears as jibberish in the LCD window, and the presets sound like noise.

So, i tried to download again, and when after I load Bank A, and it's supposed to say "The Operating System has to be reloaded RE-load Bank C? Yes/No," that message never comes up - it merely reboots to Panel mode.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm just following the instructions for "Receive Update" and then I'm loading the banks, B, A and C, in that order.

Hopefully I can get back on track with your help - I'm missing half my presets!

Thanks in advance,
-b

brianfores

ps - can't get into "real panel control"

Post by brianfores » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:58 am

When I go to that spot in the edit menu, it just says: (reserved)

brianfores

got part of answer, still no real panel control

Post by brianfores » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:46 am

Hey folks,

I found part of my answer in an old message:

Go to MASTER menu page 4.4 (Copyright Info), press ENTER, then button +1, the display reads Factory Sounds, press ENTER, then select YES with the CURSOR and after that press ENTER.

No more garbled presets. We're back to factory, so i lost my presets that I'd created... But, I still don't have real panel control, which is, errrr, a bit distressing to say the least.

So, if anybody's got a clue, clue me in. Thanks! -b

theglyph

Re: got part of answer, still no real panel control

Post by theglyph » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:38 pm

brianfores wrote: But, I still don't have real panel control, which is, errrr, a bit distressing to say the least.
Do you mean Real Panel Param. I had this problem. When you enter this mode you need to check your pots. I was getting blips or no sound at all.

I had my envelope pots set to values which would ideally produce no sound! :oops: Try turning on all of your oscillators with max gain and then open all of your filter and amp envelope params to their middle settings (or fast attack, long decay and mid sustain) and see what happens.

Remember, real panel param means you are hearing what you are seeing. This is the setting where your skills as a analog synth user come into play!