Having some problems with my Voyager

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
dvanzandt

Having some problems with my Voyager

Post by dvanzandt » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:54 pm

Evening, I have a problem where if I do not play my Voyager for a while, the presets get corrupted. See attachment for a screenshot.

Ordinarily, I will just reinstall the OS, and then reinstall all 4 banks, and I am back in business. The problem is this happens maybe once every year and a half (like I said, it has to sit a while). So, I am reinstalling the OS tonight, following the instructions in the download (install bank B/D, then A/C/D) , and also following alternate instructions from another site (A/C/D, then B/D). But the problem I am having is, it never asks for bank C. I install B/D, then A, and when A is finished it asks for D instead of C.

I cannot install sound banks successfully, they corrupt after maybe preset 15 (after which, as you can see in the attachment, they are garbled).

And, for the record, I have factory reset the Moog, tried from both my PC and Mac, using different MIDI interfaces, and different software, with the buffers set to the correct size, and the sysexLibrarian speed even set as low as 1%. I am very comfortable doing this stuff and have tried baseline troubleshooting from a midi/software/device perspective.

So, any guess as to:
1. why my presets get garbled over time;
2. why my OS restore never asks for bank_C_350.syx; and
3. what would cause my presets to become garbled above preset #15-16 after restoring them?

I am using the current version of Sysex Librarian, through a Profire2626, into my Voyager Electric Blue. I am trying to restore to presets I got from Moog technical support.

Thanks to anyone for any advice! Very frustrated on this end trying to get this thing usable again.
Attachments
Bank A Corrupted
Bank A Corrupted

MRNUTTY

Re: Having some problems with my Voyager

Post by MRNUTTY » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 am

Hi @dzanzandt, couple of questions that you didn't address in your report. does the corruption only occur when the power is off, or will the banks be fine then suddenly go bad with the power off? Also, does the corruption to the OS and the presets happen at the same time, close together, or seemingly seperately?
VoyagerEB, Minitaur, LittlePhattyII, 4xSlimPhatty, Sub37, MF[2x101,2x102,103,104M,105,105B,105M,2x107,108M], 3xCP251, XV351, MP201;
2xMother 32, DFAM, Subharmonicon;
System 55 and Minimoog clones with lots of mods.

RL

Post by RL » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:33 am

Hi all,
there's no need to reload the OS when there's no message like "the operating system has to be reloaded".
Please NOTE: when the Voyager is off for half a year or so the rechargeable battery can be empty and this is the reason for garbage in the presets.
Switch on the Voyager for a few hours from time to time and the battery should be charged to hold the presets for half a year.
That's all!
Have fun,
Rudi
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:19 am

RL wrote:Please NOTE: when the Voyager is off for a half a year or so the rechargeable battery can be empty and this is the reason for garbage in the presets.
Switch on the Voyager for a few hours from time to time and the battery should be charged to hold the presets for half a year.
"Alright, important safety tip. Thanks, Rudi!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaLZHiJJnE
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _