Moog Sonic Infinity DVD

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
bosonob

Moog Sonic Infinity DVD

Post by bosonob » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:51 pm

Just got the DVD last night. Interesting to watch Brian Kehews take on the voyager etc. Have yet to watch the moogerfooger parts as they are mainly for guitar. Anybody else get the DVD?

pelican1

Post by pelican1 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:28 pm

yeah, I got it yesterday...wasn't very in depth, but it was still cool to see.

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:18 pm

got mine too.....love the packaging ....i wanna nail it to the wall and stare at it!

Kramereng

Post by Kramereng » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:38 am

What is this DVD all about? (tutorials, live examples, etc.)

Where can I get it? (didn't see it on Moog site :? )

BTW, does anyone else have a problem that when you hit "reply" or "new topic", it takes you back to the forum main menu. It only, but always, works the second time I try. What gives?

^^^^
MODERATOR TAKE NOTE!

spitznagel

Post by spitznagel » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:58 pm

Yeah, I watched it yesterday...it did its job! Now I understand what the MuRF 105 does...I need one for my theremin!!!

James Spitznagel

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:29 pm

This kind of thing is very useful for someone like me at a fairly long travelling distance from the nearest Moog stockist. It gives some idea of tone quality and so on.

I liked the way Brian Kehew took the trouble to cover things like the range of the various Moogerfooger parameters. That's much better than just saying `it sounds like this' and playing something that might be totally out of many people's style of music. We need information like that if we're to get a good impression of whether something can be used in our own specific kind of music.

Moog sent me the DVD by post. If I'd seen it in a shop and read the back cover I might not have picked it up, though, assuming it wasn't meant for me - or anybody coherent, for that matter. I'm inclined to give the "bath of sonic gravy" a miss, too. I won't be too graphic, but it hardly makes a person want to rush out and buy Moog gear - well, maybe if they also like bathing in Bisto, but I don't know any one like that. Do you?

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:00 pm

Kramereng wrote: BTW, does anyone else have a problem that when you hit "reply" or "new topic", it takes you back to the forum main menu. It only, but always, works the second time I try. What gives?

^^^^
MODERATOR TAKE NOTE!
This is because you are not signed in when you first hit "reply". You have to sign in first to reply to a thread. If you don't, the first time you hit the "reply" button you are signed in and takes you to the main menu.

gd

Post by gd » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:05 pm

OysterRock wrote:
Kramereng wrote: BTW, does anyone else have a problem that when you hit "reply" or "new topic", it takes you back to the forum main menu. It only, but always, works the second time I try. What gives?

^^^^
MODERATOR TAKE NOTE!
This is because you are not signed in when you first hit "reply". You have to sign in first to reply to a thread. If you don't, the first time you hit the "reply" button you are signed in and takes you to the main menu.
I get the same problem, I just assumed it was because I am running OSX 10.28 and using Safari.
Mini D, P'08 ..

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:52 pm

I used to have that problem when running Windows 95. It went away when I got Windows XP. Now I have loads of other problems, but not when posting to this forum.

So it's a browser compatibility problem, presumably. And I know how irritating it is when it happens.

theglyph

Post by theglyph » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:55 pm

gd,

I use mac OS 10.28 w/ safari and have not experienced this. It could be the version of safari you are using. Sqaurewave had some issues with poeple using a similar setup!!

BTW, I recently emailed Moog for my Sonic DVD and the relpy said something like "more copies were on the way, they should arrive by DECEMBER"!!! :o

Must have been an un-updated reply. Or maybe the new DVD is only compatible with the PS3! :cry:

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:58 am

I haven't received mine yet, but hey, it's only been a day since I sent away for it!

Nick Montoya

Post by Nick Montoya » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:03 pm

I think Brian did an awesome job on the DVD.. In fact he had no idea that it was going to be such a wide spread tutorial. Then they told him, "oh yeah were going to send these out to anyone who wants one for free ! "
Brian's response "I didn't even wash my hair that day !" ... Brian is the man !

In terms of the "not being in depth" argument, I feel that the dvd could have been a 4 disc set and still not covered all the bases. Sonic Infinity right? It might take an infinite ammount of dvds and Brian's time to cover all the parameters and sounds of the Moog equipment.

This Dvd is just the first in a series, yall ! There will be more.. I would have loved to see a piano bar demo, but I'm sure thats on it's way....

If you guys liked the packaging than you'll love the huge Sonic Infinity banner they made for NAMM/MusikMesse ... I just sent it back to them after having the privilage of getting to use it for the Bob Moog Benefit I threw.. Check out pictures @ www.myspace.com/moogbenefit

Later yall...

- Nick
http://www.thevoltperoctaves.com

http://www.myspace.com/thevoltperoctaves

http://www.moogmusic.com/artists/?cat_id=28

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:43 pm

I tell you what...I got the dvd and Although I was very very annoyed listening to that guy playing guitar, i found the overall thing fascinating and it led me to purchase the Ring Modulator.

Frankly im quite sure that all of those pedals will do things that that he didn't cover because when i got my Ring Mod in the mail it sounded so much better than what he was doing with it.

WHen i heard the voyager playing polyphonic with that midi piano module i drooled a huge puddle on the floor hehehehe.
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

gd

Post by gd » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:26 pm

it only happens on this forum, I will check which version of safari I have when I get home.
Mini D, P'08 ..

racer7949

Post by racer7949 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:12 pm

EricK wrote:...<snip>

WHen i heard the voyager playing polyphonic with that midi piano module i drooled a huge puddle on the floor hehehehe.
Eric
That was pretty much my reaction, too.

Does anyone have an idea of what sort of module he was using? He mentioned it being less than or around $100, if I recall correctly, but what I'm finding are very nice, but $400 plus. Maybe it was one he'd had for a while and prices have gone up since he bought it, but anyone who could point me to a cheap one, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
David