Metasonix S-1000 Wretch Machine- all tube synthesizer

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
falseface11

Metasonix S-1000 Wretch Machine- all tube synthesizer

Post by falseface11 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:12 pm

Has anyone seen any press releases on the S-1000 Wretch Machine.
it is an all vacuum and gas filled tube synthesizer. the clips that i have heard sound pretty damn cool and i am thinking of getting one to add some sleaze and filth to my rig. but what i would like to know is what other people think about this kind of endeavor, and about any cv compatibility issues with my voyager. any input would be great. :)

check it out here!

http://www.metasonix.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=61

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:37 pm

It'll defintiely do sleeze and filth. I wonder how durable it is?

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:36 pm

I would love to own one.
I have a very early TM-1. I think Eric Barbour is a genious.

The build quality is very good, but I would not recommend dropping it. It seems to be built for a lifetime.

He did build a synth before, but this one is more production. I am sure it is limited number, and not many will be built. BUt again, it is quite a limited number of poeple who buy a synth like that.

Difinataly destoned to become a collectors item, and I would imagine a VERY noisy crazy loud unmistakenable instrument.

It is, in my opinion, Ken MacBeth and Eric Barbour are making the most inovative and intresting analog pieces today.
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:23 am

Yeah, I saw that. Neat idea, but I didn't really dig on the sound clips.

Always thought it'd be cool to have a Butt Probe......the effects pedal I mean...of course.....

CountRockula

Post by CountRockula » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:16 pm

Whoa, I love it. $2500.00 though. I think I would settle for the Butt Probe and use it with my Voyager. Or maybe a circuit bent Casio
Examples of my Voyager in Rock action [url]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=47899403[/url]

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:32 pm

Butt Probe + ANYTHING = instant filth and sleaze

I saw Hans Fjellestad (director of the Moog movie) using a Voyager and a Butt Probe (I think) last week in Santa Barbara (thanks to Nick here on the forums :) ). It sounded pretty damn sweet...in an ear-splitting sort of way.

falseface11

Post by falseface11 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:25 am

does anyone know about the cv compatibility i believe theirs is hz/v?

martin

Post by martin » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:59 am

that thing is horrible. why would anyone buy that thing? go sample a puking dog and play it half speed. what a waste of money. ;o)

monads

Post by monads » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:39 pm

analoghaze wrote:It is, in my opinion, Ken MacBeth and Eric Barbour are making the most inovative and intresting analog pieces today.
Do not count out Wowa Cwejman :wink:

And I played with the S-1000 at NAMM this year. The sounds coming out of it made laugh because it was just crazy noise/distortion. Definitely not for me. But I wouldn't mind going to a friends house to hear it and laugh a bit at it's crunchy sound while he tries to use it musically.