Headphone socket problem

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Widge

Headphone socket problem

Post by Widge » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:06 am

Can anyone help? Just got a Voyager Electric Blue with version 3.0 software and I'm delighted with it except for one thing. Whenever I plug a set of headphones (Beyer DT100 - nothing exotic!) into the socket on the front panel I get a permanent sustain on most, but not all sounds. Surely this can't be right? :? Do any other Voyager users know if this can be fixed with a software re-install or is it likely to be a hardware problem?

this_poison

Post by this_poison » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:51 am

I used the headphone socket frequently for the first 8 weeks I had my MMV to get to grips with it, until I finally moved it into the studio. During that time I updated OS and voice banks again and again, with factory resets along the way as I got to know what's what.

I never came across any glitches linked to the headphone socket (although I experienced almost every other software related issue referenced on various threads on here!)

Sounds like hardware rather than software, but re-installs are always worthwhile given the ease of doing it, and the often unexpected bugs and hiccups it fixes.

The proximity of the Sustain pot on the Volume Envelope and the Headphone Volume pot seems interesting too - again it makes it feel like a hardware issue. Depending on the presets used and the various envelope settings therein, the sustain pot could induce the permanent sustain effect if it was somehow influenced by the headphone socket.

Best of luck - Hopefully the return to the seller option is available anyway ?

bosonob

Headphones

Post by bosonob » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:32 pm

You did not mention using any adapters. An admitted long shot but, do you use an adapter to go from 1/8" to 1/4"? If so it may be broken or have a intermittent connection OR is it a TRS type versus TS. These might account for the problem.

Stefan

Widge

Post by Widge » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:43 am

Hi folks,
Thanks for your answers! I'm not using adaptors of any kind on the headphones and I have tried a couple of different makes with the same result. So I guess it's a hardware fault on the Moog. Luckily it's still under warranty, but I'll miss it while it's being repaired. :cry: