Voyager EB default preset issue

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
johnts

Voyager EB default preset issue

Post by johnts » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi, I'm having an odd issue with my new Voyager Electric Blue default preset sounds.

I was playing around with the preset sounds and lost track of changes and decided I would reset to factory default and start over. Followed the instructions in the master menu and reset the presets sounds accordingly (with the panel displaying the message (I'm Ba-aackk !! with the choice Yes/No etc).

The reset happened quickly but when checking out the banks A-F, the sounds listed in banks A and E look exactly the same with A1 and E1 listing 'I'm Ba-aack !!' as the first preset sound. According to the list of preset sounds in the user manual Bank A sound 1 should be 'Tasty Moog Bass' while Bank E sound 1 should be 'I'm Ba-aack !!' (which it is).

This is most odd, has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas. There is a download on the Moog site for a set of factory presets for the Voyager but this only contains a single bank of 128 sounds and not the full list (8 banks x 128). Does anyone know if you can download the full Voyager preset banks aware.

I'm new to Moog and the Voyager EB so not sure how to fix is problem. Any guidance of suggestions would be appreciated.
Minimoog Model D reissue | Arturia Matrixbrute | Moog One 16 voice | Nord Stage 3 | David Gilmour Fender Black Strat NOS | Roger Waters Fender Bass |

johnts

Re: Voyager EB default preset issue and more....

Post by johnts » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:34 am

OK, I've made some progress with the problem I have in getting my preset sounds back to how they were when I got the Voyager. I trawled through the forum again last night, found a reference to the Yahoo group KnobTweak and located a set of factory presets to download (thanks to the person who posted the link originally). But as always you take one step forward and one step back.

I managed to get SysExLibrarian to transmit one of the factory preset groups (Select Series) to Bank A on the Voyager (had real problems getting a USB interface to work, first generic version would not work, next and Alesis version seems to be working) but the preset patch loaded appear to be corrupted. In Bank A the first patch 'Tasty Moog Bass' show in the list and plays OK, the next bunch of patches have corrupted displays and do not play. It's not until you get to about patch 90 before you get correctly displayed patches which play. I have tried reloading, re-setting to factory defaults, reloading a different set of factory default sound but the problem still remains. I can still restore the factory default sound bank which loads and runs OK but this just takes me back to my original problem.

I am at a loss as to what the issues is, I've tried playing around with the SysEx transmission settings but this achieved nothing.

If anyone has any ideas as to whats going on hear it could save me jumping off a tall building!!

Cheer,

John :?
Minimoog Model D reissue | Arturia Matrixbrute | Moog One 16 voice | Nord Stage 3 | David Gilmour Fender Black Strat NOS | Roger Waters Fender Bass |

kamilof

Re: Voyager EB default preset issue and more....

Post by kamilof » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:14 pm

johnts wrote:I am at a loss as to what the issues is, I've tried playing around with the SysEx transmission settings but this achieved nothing
When using SysEx Librarian try to adjust the "Transmit Speed" to around 30% or 946 Bytes/Second. If the data is transmitted too fast, the Moog Voyager will not be able to properly receive the sysex information. This change took care of my problem when I was updating the Voyager OS to 3.5. Good luck!

johnts

Re: Voyager EB default preset issue

Post by johnts » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:58 pm

Well I've managed to solve the problem. I changed my USB Midi interface to a Midisport 1x1 and using the default Mavericks driver and with SysExLibrarian running at max speed the Voyager preset updated OK. Its would seem that the choice of USB Midi interface is quite important in this instance.

:)

David P.

Re: Voyager EB default preset issue

Post by David P. » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:54 pm

The exact reason that the restore factory sounds option loads up the same bank over and over again is because the bank that it loads up is the bank from the performer edition which shipped with only 128 sounds and is now our bank e. Their was only 1 bank when it came out. So it turns out that the only bank that loads up in our voyagers when we use factory sounds option is that bank and not any other. Others know this and wouldn't talk. Easy to figure it's not broken.♻️ Check the screenshot
Attachments
Screenshot_20230116-092706.png