Foot pedal as Mod wheel.

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
carlosjaramillo

Foot pedal as Mod wheel.

Post by carlosjaramillo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:59 am

Hi,

I just run into this necessity, I have this intricate thing to play and I want to mod the pitch with the LFO, so far so good, but I just can´t reach the mod wheel in time and need to do the exact same thing but with the foot pedal, but I have realized is not that a straight forward solution. There should be an input for the mod wheel CV.

Any ideas ?

Regards.

yesman

Re: Foot pedal as Mod wheel.

Post by yesman » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:41 am

Sure,
The Pedal Mod Bus, set up the Pedal Mod bus with the LFO as the source, destination pitch or an individual osc. set the pressure as the shaping source & set the amount to half for now. Plug an expression pedal into the MOD 1 jack. The MOD 1 jack controls the overall level of the Pedal Mod bus. With the pedal full forward adjust the pedal mod bus amount to suit your need. You can also now use key pressure to increase the modulation depth, this is coming from the shaping.
Have fun.
B-

carlosjaramillo

Post by carlosjaramillo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:44 am

Well, before posting my question, I did have tried that, but it did not work. And if I select the MOD as the source it stops being modulated by the LFO.

I just wanna vibrato at the end of some phrases, since I am talkboxing and the notes are some octaves apart , I just can not reach the mod wheel...

It does not work... I Have mod1 pedal cv jack in there but it does not work.

I have tried program also.. How this simple thing can not be achieved?

Am I missing something?

till

Post by till » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:03 am

Pedal Mod bus

Source: LFO (obviously)
Destination: Pitch (also no rocket science)
Shaping: ON/PGM -> Connect your pedal to MOD1 socket at the back of the Voyager
Amount: start with 25% amount and adjust to your taste
Last edited by till on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

carlosjaramillo

Post by carlosjaramillo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:33 am

I did also have tried that way but it is not working, I am puzzled here since it is supposed to be a very simple modulation, I just need the foot pedal to behave exactly as the mod wheel.

I also made sure the mod1 and mod2 are working fine, since they positively receive CVs.

Can you confirm your voyager works the way you say so, cause I want no modulation when the pedal is at minimum. please let me know... by the way thanks.

till

Post by till » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:48 am

I just edited my posting above. Now it works here fine.
I did my original posting without the Voyager next to me. Sorry.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

carlosjaramillo

Post by carlosjaramillo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:26 am

Now it works ...

Kind of the same thing, I just put it on mod2 for the pedal/on and a bit of amount, like 15 percent or so.

I knew it had to be as simple as this. The key to that is to not program the shaping.

Thanks a bunch.