Brand New Moog OS Problem (needs reboot + only 1 bank)

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Koart

Brand New Moog OS Problem (needs reboot + only 1 bank)

Post by Koart » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:57 am

Just purchased a minimoog voyager performer edition serial 36xx (I assume this kind of serial already has the memory upgrade), at powering up OS display "version 3.5" along with moogs logo, next screen gives me the following message:

"The operating system has to be re-loaded! Re-load bank D?",

If I press yes, it takes very long with the message "Waiting for system exclusive data of bank D". I've waited more than 30 min and nothing, no progress bar to give me any insight either..

If I press cancel, the OS will start but I have only 128 presets, I assume this is bank A, since actually I cant find anything that says bank "A". Pressing and holding cursor plus +/- doesn't do a thing to change banks either.

Thanks a lot for any help, I've searched every forum for help with no success this far.

latigid on

Re: Brand New Moog OS Problem (needs reboot + only 1 bank)

Post by latigid on » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:30 am

Did you send the sysex file to the Voyager?

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:49 am

It is waiting for you to send the banks (as sysex files) to tge machine. They are not on a rom internally.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Koart

Post by Koart » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:45 pm

I had no clue! thanks guys, may I ask how do I do this?

Koart

Post by Koart » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:37 pm

latigid on wrote:Did you send the sysex file to the Voyager?
No idea how to do that, do I need a software? Where do I get the sysex file? Thaanks for the help guys, I'm a complete noob.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:50 am

Are you using Mac, Windows or Linux? Do you have a MIDI interface?

http://www.moogmusic.com/products/minim ... nloads-tab

will get you the software (Version 3.5)

You need to send the sysex files in the correct order with an appropriate tool. MidiOx for Windows, SysEx Librarian for Mac etc. There's a manual included with the zip file.

If this was bought new its a shame everything wasn't pre-loaded for you.

Have fun!

Koart

Post by Koart » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:33 am

latigid on wrote:Are you using Mac, Windows or Linux? Do you have a MIDI interface?

http://www.moogmusic.com/products/minim ... nloads-tab

will get you the software (Version 3.5)

You need to send the sysex files in the correct order with an appropriate tool. MidiOx for Windows, SysEx Librarian for Mac etc. There's a manual included with the zip file.

If this was bought new its a shame everything wasn't pre-loaded for you.

Have fun!
Thanks so much!! (using windows 7 x64 - MIDI OX - Focusrite 6i6 audio interface)

I got it (almost all) working. The strange thing is I got Bank A messed up though, according to voyagers manual banks B through G are correct, but I got Bank A different, it 01 preset is "Full Saw Bright Bass" and not "Tasty Moog Bass". Doing a quick google search I found out it correspond the voyagers XL bank A. I don't know wether this is good, bad nor if there is a way to get the "original" bank A.

pd: yes it was brand new from store and found that surprise when powering it up. Needless to say, it makes you wonder how new it really is :?
pd2: making the sysex transfers to work was a pain until I tweaked the delay time and set it to 1000ms, midi ox and or voyager were giving me diverse errors before that, I think it comes down to the voyagers hardware being a choke point for fast transfer,it cant handle it)

RL

Post by RL » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:17 am

Koart wrote: making the sysex transfers to work was a pain until I tweaked the delay time and set it to 1000ms, midi ox and or voyager were giving me diverse errors before that, I think it comes down to the voyagers hardware being a choke point for fast transfer,it cant handle it)
That's wrong - it is definite a MIDI interface problem. The Voyager's hardware is very fast.
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2

Koart

Post by Koart » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:37 am

RL wrote:
Koart wrote: making the sysex transfers to work was a pain until I tweaked the delay time and set it to 1000ms, midi ox and or voyager were giving me diverse errors before that, I think it comes down to the voyagers hardware being a choke point for fast transfer,it cant handle it)
That's wrong - it is definite a MIDI interface problem. The Voyager's hardware is very fast.

Could be, I was just speculating... or maybe its MIDI OX related, I've seen tons of posts around regarding configuration of buffers/delay (midi-ox) because its giving people trouble for sysex transfers to different units.

Vtoryi

Brand New Moog OS Problem needs reboot only 1 bank

Post by Vtoryi » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Yep just tested on chrome and all was fine oh with IE your correct it gives you a zip with what looks to be all the parts or files that make up the .miz file but no .miz file.

At first I thought the worst that the file hosting server might have been compromised but by the look of the files in the zip more likely an error?
подробная информация на тему чем лечат почки, лечение рака в россии - медицинские прогнозы о варикоцеле операция видео на современная-урология.рф