nice gig bag for Voyager

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
hand solo

nice gig bag for Voyager

Post by hand solo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:46 am

after much research, I wanted to share with Voyager owners a good gig bag i have found. The Mono M80 Pedalboard Pro, is a boutique bag designed to fit the Pedaltrain Pro guitar effects board…..kinda overkill for a board, but turns out it's a great fit for for the V'ger!

interior dimensions 33" x 18" x 5" are almost perfect. very stiff (at least) 1/2" padding like polyfoam on the sides, top, and bottom. soft interior top and vinyl case lining, lightweight.

not crazy about wood meeting vinyl..will put a towel in there.

luggage grade exterior, rubber on the bottom (where the back of V'ger sits), riveted handles on top and side.

there is an zipper accessories compartment on top..i might put some foam in there for added protection.

this is a great solution for me because of space consideration in a Mitsubishi Eclipse, where i'm already toting a Nord 73 and Triton Extreme 61, plus EON and other stuff.

online for 199.00 at some of the major gear stores. i got mine for 165.00 (at one of the sales these stores have a couple of times a month).it's an alternative to the 99.00 Moog bag with minimal padding, or the 298.00 Moog -logo molded plastic case.

BTW, I am Not associated with the Mono company. there is a detailed video of this on YouTube (Japanese).

FYI i tried fitting the V'ger in the Pedaltrain Pro hard case, and it would not fit. also, the Pedaltrain Pro soft bag has not had great reviews.

i tried to upload a pic but got message "board attachment quota has been reached"

stiiiiiiive

Re: nice gig bag for Voyager

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:01 pm

Hmm... seems good. Better than the Moog gigbag? I have the Phatty's and it's not so bad...

hand solo

Re: nice gig bag for Voyager

Post by hand solo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:11 pm

yes, the Phatty gig bags are nice and priced right at 54.00. the Voyagers use a lot of wood and weigh almost twice as much (40 lbs) than the Phatty at 22#.

need something a bit heftier than an average gig bag.