Show us your mounted golden knob!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
fyvewytches

Re: Show us your mounted golden knob!

Post by fyvewytches » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:41 am

EricK wrote:Heres a future DIY project:
woooa, that looks cool !!! :)
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

dravis14

Post by dravis14 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:22 pm

Alright, that's it!.......I'm putting on my linebacker uniform, crouching in the corner, lurking with intent, gonna throw a flying tackle on my mailman looking for the delivery of my (can't say it!...uhh, gift).
So people in Alaska, Arkansas, and Pa., have received theirs......still waiting.
I've already removed my original knob and am watching the shaft of the potentiometer and picturing how the aestetics of my Electric Blue will change with my gift in place. Needless to say, anticipating the arrival of my manila envelope......
BTW, since I've got ur attention here....I have a couple of questions.....getting ready to take the plunge....should I go w/ Ableton Live or Pro Tools.....I know this is a Ford/Chevy type question, but, just wanted some opinions.....also, since I have a Voyager already, as well as a Yamaha stage piano, will I need a MIDI controller, or is that one of the purposes of my Voyager? Thanx you guys.

Synthetically Yours,
Dravis14

MC

Post by MC » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:18 pm

AKMacAddict wrote:Received mine yesterday! Thank you, very much, Moog Music! The knob is awesome on my Maple and Jade Select Series Voyager. :D

That looks COOL :shock:
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:36 am

It looks cool indeed.

'Don't know if I'll ever get mine... I live in Canada where most americans think we all live in igloos and have fifteen feet of snow all year round and travel in snowmobiles... :lol: :roll:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:28 pm

thealien666 wrote:It looks cool indeed.

'Don't know if I'll ever get mine... I live in Canada where most americans think we all live in igloos and have fifteen feet of snow all year round and travel in snowmobiles... :lol: :roll:
.............you don't? :?
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

AKMacAddict

Post by AKMacAddict » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:01 am

thealien666 wrote:It looks cool indeed.

Hey, that's Alaska you're talkin' 'bout there! :wink: :lol:
Voyager (Maple & Jade), CP-251, VX-351, MF-103, MF-104M, MP-201, Little Phatty Stage II, Juno-106, VK-7, DX-7 II-FD, S-80, MS-2000 & MS-2000R, Novation Ultranova, Korg iMS-20, Kaossilator2, miniKaosspad2, Pittsburgh Modular Foundation 2.0

AKMacAddict

Post by AKMacAddict » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:07 am

ColorForm2113 wrote:Image
Looks great in blue, too! :D
Voyager (Maple & Jade), CP-251, VX-351, MF-103, MF-104M, MP-201, Little Phatty Stage II, Juno-106, VK-7, DX-7 II-FD, S-80, MS-2000 & MS-2000R, Novation Ultranova, Korg iMS-20, Kaossilator2, miniKaosspad2, Pittsburgh Modular Foundation 2.0

AKMacAddict

Post by AKMacAddict » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:11 am

dravis14 wrote:Alright, that's it!.......I'm putting on my linebacker uniform, crouching in the corner, lurking with intent, gonna throw a flying tackle on my mailman looking for the delivery of my (can't say it!...uhh, gift).
So people in Alaska, Arkansas, and Pa., have received theirs......still waiting.
I've already removed my original knob and am watching the shaft of the potentiometer and picturing how the aestetics of my Electric Blue will change with my gift in place. Needless to say, anticipating the arrival of my manila envelope......
BTW, since I've got ur attention here....I have a couple of questions.....getting ready to take the plunge....should I go w/ Ableton Live or Pro Tools.....I know this is a Ford/Chevy type question, but, just wanted some opinions.....also, since I have a Voyager already, as well as a Yamaha stage piano, will I need a MIDI controller, or is that one of the purposes of my Voyager? Thanx you guys.

Synthetically Yours,
Dravis14
Maybe they go in alphabetical order! HaHa!

Time will tell... Just be patient. I have to admit, when mine arrived, it was a totally unexpected surprise. :o

bambamstudio

Post by bambamstudio » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:16 pm

I'm still waiting :( :( :( :( :( :(
[b]Never let your wife prevent you from buying gear. A house will not buy a synth, but a synth can buy a house![/b]

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Have have not mounted it yet but it came in last week... so I guess I should wait :) ?

Mr Shave

Post by Mr Shave » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:51 am

I haven't mounted mine yet... Still debating using it as a key chain or not. I don't think the brass color looks very good on the E-Blue version... Tacky, but I will have to mount her up and see what she looks like...

CZ Rider

Post by CZ Rider » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:36 am

Someone over at VSE suggested mounting the brass knob on the T3. Although it would match the look, sadly the T3 encoder shaft is a slightly larger size than the Voyager potentiometers. :(
Looks nice though?
1P Modular,Minimoog,VoyagerRME,CustomMinimoog,Prodigy,MG-1 TaurusII,Opus3,Rogue,Source,Liberation,Micromoog,1125S&H,
1130Perc.x2,1150Ribbonx2,Custom1150,1120Pedal,Songprod,CP-251,VX-351
VX-352,Etherwave,Synampx2,Lil'Phatty,Sonic Six

MC

Post by MC » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:24 am

CZ Rider wrote:Someone over at VSE suggested mounting the brass knob on the T3. Although it would match the look, sadly the T3 encoder shaft is a slightly larger size than the Voyager potentiometers. :(
Looks nice though?
Interesting idea, will have to try that. Have not yet received mine.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Cpt Beardheart

Post by Cpt Beardheart » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:49 pm

The string trick works like a charm.

MC

Post by MC » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:15 pm

My knob arrived in today's mail.

Does not fit the T3.

Nor the Voyager, the Minimoog, the Source, the Memorymoog... nothing!

The knob is a D-shaft insert. I have a Voyager SE, one of the early units to use set screw knobs *before* they switched to D-shaft pots. The T3 encoder is a D-shaft, but different size and the knob doesn't fit.

It may fit one of the MF pedals, but that's kind of a waste... I'll keep looking, I got lots of gear here!